The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Club De Nuit Intense - Armaf
Strong opening and a bit synthetic but, give it 15-30 minutes to settle down. 95% Aventus for 10% of its cost. Fantastic juice and performer.....

Do you have a newer or older bottle?

I read that the newer bottles aren't as strongly scented.

Do you have a newer or older bottle?

I read that the newer bottles aren't as strongly scented.

I purchased 2 bottles, one late 2015 and another in mid 2017. The ‘15 is nearly gone and the one I still have left is the ‘17 bottle which to my nose they are virtually identical. I picked one up early this year and though the scent is similar, it’s not the same neither is the performance. Big time reformulation. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you how you can tell the difference from ‘15 to now because there are no batch lot numbers to reference. If you can find older versions from 2015-2017, grab it as it will not disappoint.

Good luck....

I purchased 2 bottles, one late 2015 and another in mid 2017. The ‘15 is nearly gone and the one I still have left is the ‘17 bottle which to my nose they are virtually identical. I picked one up early this year and though the scent is similar, it’s not the same neither is the performance. Big time reformulation. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you how you can tell the difference from ‘15 to now because there are no batch lot numbers to reference. If you can find older versions from 2015-2017, grab it as it will not disappoint.

Good luck....

Edit. Correction, there are batch code #’s on the bottles. The ‘15 & ‘17 bottles have early number codes that start at 201 & 207 respectively. The ‘19 bottle has a code that starts at 255. Another thing is that both of my older bottles the atomizer/sprayer button is chrome in color, where as the newest one the sprayer is black. Hope this helps....

Edit. Correction, there are batch code #’s on the bottles. The ‘15 & ‘17 bottles have early number codes that start at 201 & 207 respectively. The ‘19 bottle has a code that starts at 255. Another thing is that both of my older bottles the atomizer/sprayer button is chrome in color, where as the newest one the sprayer is black. Hope this helps....

This is what I recall finding out as well. Just not sure where to find an older bottle at?

I guess I would need to ask the vendors before I buy. Seen pictures of the older bottle. But I wonder if it is just an older picture and I will be shipped a newer bottle?

That's the only thing holding me up on making a purchase. Don't want a reformulated version.

Back