The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Parle Moi de Parfum - Cedar Woodpecker (sorry @dangerousdon !)

Put it on maybe 20min ago, so too soon to tell where the dry down will go, but this is a contender for sure, citrus-cedar, smells like a man is supposed to smell.

Most of the Histoires de Parfums have been duds, tried Cassanova yesterday, smelt like baby powder, not very romantic IMO. But 1740 was really great and totally misnamed, Marques de Sade, unless he was cruel by making people smell great.

Histoires de Parfums 1969
Smells just like what I bought my wife for our anniversary. Maybe not what I want to smell like, but a winner of scent in all phases. BUT not even close to the note description on the site IMO. Just goes to show, you really have to try before you buy.

What I've been looking for is a mind blowing, 1970's head shop memory inducing patchouli. So far WonderOud has been the closest, I guess that's why I pulled the trigger on a bottle. But if anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Back