The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Histoires de Parfums 1828 (Jules Vern)

Going back and forth between this and Amazingreen, what I first thought were two similar scents turn out to be closer to distant cousins. Amazingreen is a great up to date version of a 70's powerhouse, without the overwhelming silage. 1828, is more of a citrus gone to vetiver, in fact it's sort of what I was hoping for Guerlain Vetiver to be. It like Guerlain Vetiver traded the Oxford and tweed coat for a classy polo and sport coat.

On the buy list, as is Amazingreen.

I think we have a Musgo fan here! I've never tried it, but it sounds really good.

Haha! Actually, it’s really good stuff. A bit more expensive that the more traditional splashes/colognes but, the feel and smell is uber luxurious and has a bit of the Old World kind of way with a slight infusion of Contemporary/modern vibe mixed in. Fantastic stuff to be honest.....

Frederic Malle - French Lover (aka and more fittingly named for the US market Bois d'Orage)

I've got to say, yeah it's pricey in my book, but this is first class stuff, and at least for me, minimal, organic and metallic and not boring at all.
One of my favorites I'm a bit torn between it and Monsieur, and probably will be asking for one for this Christmas.

Back