The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Yesterday was a tough teen parenting night. 2 drams of Laphroaig Triple Wood followed by a dram of Laphroaig Quater Cask. That QC goes down better once the system is primed.

Tonight, Blanton’s and John Wick.
Sorry the night was tough Brother.

I am so glad you like it Ed! I too am a huge fan as previously stated. It's rare to find 100% ryes and at this price point, I'm hard pressed to find something I like better. Still need to try a Manhattan with it...
Yup a Manhattan would be perfect...but you would have to put a disclaimer out there before serving it to guests...cause it would put a large hurting on the "unaware"... :sneaky:

Naturally tried all three bottles last night. Peat always wins. It’s a rule or something. Next was the Barley which I felt was smoother and sweeter than the classic.
237B0D84-7486-473D-923C-218A1E4E1372.jpeg

Alright no arguing. There is NEVER a wrong time or day to have alcohol. Whether that be now, in a minute, tomorrow, later, yesterday, after work, etc. Pop a top and throw it down!

I haven't had one of these in a while...

View attachment 49687

Hey, it's not "tonight" there yet.

But it's tonight...tomorrow...

@CVargo

Alright no arguing. There is NEVER a wrong time or day to have alcohol. Whether that be now, in a minute, tomorrow, later, yesterday, after work, etc. Pop a top and throw it down!
well always remember........

what's funny about that song and his other boat ( he sold the one in the video he currently has another yacht ) is that he has a tendency to ride by outside our house in Florida in the other boat....... God I wanna hurry up and get back down there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
F6p9zoyJ5_vLdPcAAdiGcji5vOx5fsbbnSmD3XQ-VKLgWrXaRh2vxXlyOMz7pAoI5lCIftTDAXBR838SSyQXeFcC1_1roIcdZrw-Gef4qeYjGB1QVzXqRqJPPueQTOjiqu09k0iOGOLG9wSnPodNmOVroNaZG9RoLah8cySf6RbB5iHB

Was wearing a red check LL Bean flannel last night, so that gif could not be more accurate!!

Growing up and now raising a family in Chicagoland, I was partial to Miller for most of my drinking life, aside from college when Miller Lite was a splurge beer and we all drank Keystone. At the beginning of lockdown I picked up a 12 pack of Busch Light simply because the gas station was out of Miller. I haven't gone back to Miller since.

Was wearing a red check LL Bean flannel last night, so that gif could not be more accurate!!

Growing up and now raising a family in Chicagoland, I was partial to Miller for most of my drinking life, aside from college when Miller Lite was a splurge beer and we all drank Keystone. At the beginning of lockdown I picked up a 12 pack of Busch Light simply because the gas station was out of Miller. I haven't gone back to Miller since.
I too switched to Busch as my cheap beer last year. It has significantly more flavor in my opinion, compared to Bud Lite. I am also partial to PBR. But man a few Busch lights just go down oh so smoothly!

Back