The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Can't believe I am admitting this but it's not half bad for $12 a box. Very strong caramel note right at the beginning, then kind of a rye finish. I'd bring it to a party.
IMG_20210327_193731404_HDR.jpg

Hammock time and a BUUUUSCH
View attachment 49908

200w.gif

Just noticed you also already gave your prelim thoughts on the black box whiskey...color me surprised!

200w.gif

Just noticed you also already gave your prelim thoughts on the black box whiskey...color me surprised!

Yea I mean it's definitely not my preferred whiskey by any stretch. But if I was going to party or a BBQ i'd grab a box. It's really not bad at all, and I wouldn't cry if saw someone add coke to it. It's worth getting if on sale to try, but get ready for a very caramel forward note, and then a weird rye finish.

Yea I mean it's definitely not my preferred whiskey by any stretch. But if I was going to party or a BBQ i'd grab a box. It's really not bad at all, and I wouldn't cry if saw someone add coke to it. It's worth getting if on sale to try, but get ready for a very caramel forward note, and then a weird rye finish.

The question becomes at a similar price point to other "bottom shelf" handles to the tune of Beam White, Evan Williams, Old Crow, Benchmark, etc. would you pick it up over them to bring to a party as a bourbon & coke drink?

The question becomes at a similar price point to other "bottom shelf" handles to the tune of Beam White, Evan Williams, Old Crow, Benchmark, etc. would you pick it up over them to bring to a party as a bourbon & coke drink?
I would because you essentially get two bottles in a box.

Picked this up at Costco on Tuesday and tried it last night. @NurseDave needs to try this if he can get it!
View attachment 50170

Made like a Scotch right here in Tucson, and that mesquite smoke is nice. It was kinda reminds me of TOF.
I take my lunchtime walk to Costco 2-3 times a week to see what's new on the shelf in that area. I'll pick it up if it hits our stores.

Back