The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

I went to the store today and got a fresh baguette so that means wine and cheese night tonight. Haven’t made the wine selection yet.

That is how we ended up with John F. Kennedy as President. Lol
Honestly I am a lover of fine whiskey and I never would have gone anywhere near Canadian Club but honestly this one is pretty nice as a daily sipper. There are $300+ bottles of whiskey in my bar but this one surprised and it took A LOT of convincing. The vintage bottle I have had forever and it is supposed to be pretty good. Some day...

Honestly I am a lover of fine whiskey and I never would have gone anywhere near Canadian Club but honestly this one is pretty nice as a daily sipper. There are $300+ bottles of whiskey in my bar but this one surprised and me and it took A LOT of convincing. The vintage bottle I have had forever and it supposed to be pretty good. Some day...

Canadian whiskey gets a bad rap, but it really isn’t bad at all. Never tried the high end CC but have tried some small distillery stuff. Love my brothers and sisters to the north.

Canadian whiskey gets a bad rap, but it really isn’t bad at all. Never tried the high end CC but have tried some small distillery stuff. Love my brothers and sisters to the north.
It does get a bad rap and for years I was one of those guys. Good friends forced me to try this version of CC because it came closest to the original recipe. I balked huge but eventually gave in. It is a good whiskey for the price point.

It does get a bad rap and for years I was one of those guys. Good friends forced me to try this version of CC because it came closest to the original recipe. I balked huge but eventually gave in. It is a good whiskey for the price point.

I also found it a good way to introduce whiskey to the novice. It is generally mild and smooth in a ‘watery’ way which doesn’t offend the untrained palette.

I also found it a good way to introduce whiskey to the novice. It is generally mild and smooth in a ‘watery’ way which doesn’t offend the untrained palette.
Oh I went the other way. CC was never served in this house to any one. No point ruining a novice with cheap stuff. The 12 Classic is the only one I have in this house...for me. No other CC is served here.

Not a fan of CC at all, but then again, I haven't had any in about 20 years. Back then it was the cheap stuff.

Tonight, I'll have a finger (or two!) of Glenfiddich to celebrate the NY Giant not blowing the draft.
Sam I only started on this CC about a year or so a go. It’s pretty good and nothing like the CC of old.

Oh I went the other way. CC was never served in this house to any one. No point ruining a novice with cheap stuff. The 12 Classic is the only one I have in this house...for me. No other CC is served here.

I yield to the Gentleman from Canada. : )

Back