The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Some liquor stores in PA have finally reopened, including mine. We need to call the orders in and it's curbside pick-up only, which I tested out today.
I am only 30 minutes away from a couple NY state liquor stores that never closed so I was never in danger of running out, but it's nice to buy local. (y)
View attachment 22636
Mmm anything from the BT distillery is just plain good quality!

I dunno how I'd feel if I learned my financial advisor was buying $10 whisky
At first you’d think he WASN’T a screwball that spent $20+ on some peanut butter flavored Whiskey, making you think he’s really smart because the only cheaper way to experience PB flavored sprits is to either dump some PB Torani syrup in the glass or stir the glass with a spoon loaded with skippy...both of which I did, and both are either better than or at least as good as $10 stuff. THEN I hope you would realize your financial advisor doesn’t charge nearly enough, is working far too hard and has done a wonderful job containing your investment losses during these unprecedented times where 1/3 of humanity is under some form of lock down...and YOUR guy is stuck drinking Revel Stoke PB flavored Whisky because he wouldn’t even spring for an “E” when I bought a bottle of Whiskey last weekend. But not this weekend my friend, April statements are out, your accounts are up almost 15% and He’s buying Evan Williams because not only does it have an “e” in the Whiskey, the name STARTS wih an “E” ...and it’s still about $10. Let’s not kid ourselves, I’m still cheap and if it’s $10 stuff it’s going in my diet cherry cola anyway.

I’m just kicking myself for not grabbing the bottle of $12 rye, how bad could that have been?

.. it’s going in my diet cherry cola anyway...
giphy.gif

They're actually half-decent wines, Ed. Wife likes the SILK .
I took a look at the review on the Vivino app and it looked good. Going to throw a couple strip loins on the BBQ and see how it goes. Thanks Sam for the info!

Just picked up a couple today on sale...why? Not any good? Never tried it and the Mrs put it in the buggy. Give it a go.
Just as an FYI - My household porch accepts near-full bottles of supermodel rejected wine.
NOTE: Video is from an online tnmt, where Anish Giri beat the World Champ, Magnus Carlsen

Let me know how you like them. The red is one of our favorites.

And we did not care for the inferno.
The red is okay though a little sweet for me. The inferno was nice and you could pick up on the flavor of 3 months on the bourbon barrels but was just so so for me. If I had to pick between the 2 I'd go with the red too.

Back