The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Last night I polished off a bottle of this. I hadn't had any in years and first drank some when I was about 15. I worked as a busboy in a diner and after work we would sit around with the owner and have a drink. They always poured me Dewars. I really didn't like it but I wasn't going to be a wimp and make a face so I supressed my face and forced it down. Now, jump 42 years later and I pulled out the bottle that had been sitting on the bar for ages and poured myself one on the rocks. Wouldn't you know it, I really liked it. So, last night there was enough for a couple drinks left and I polished it off, happily.

IMG_0130.jpeg

And looking at that picture I should correct myself and say that I had rocks on the scotch, rather than the other way around.

And looking at that picture I should correct myself and say that I had rocks on the scotch, rather than the other way around.
Hey, whatever way you enjoy it man! I usually do a finger and a half pour over an ice cube, then a generous splash of refrigerator-cold water.

OK fellow adult beverage drinkers...I’ve now enjoyed Bourbons and a Scotch...I think a rum might be next on the to-try list. What should I be aware of? Sub $30 would be great.

OK fellow adult beverage drinkers...I’ve now enjoyed Bourbons and a Scotch...I think a rum might be next on the to-try list. What should I be aware of? Sub $30 would be great.

Thanks Dave!

The rum selection was a bit lacking today, so I made the choice to go Italian liquer sipper. Was a toss up between Disaronno and Tuaca...Tuaca sounded like the better straight up, also happens to be a brandy.

Back