The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

My last bottle of this. Wine Berserkers is the wine forum that got me interested in wet shaving. Much like TSC with coffee, pens etc. Patricia Green is where I get the a lot of my Pinot Noir. Patricia produced a special wine for the annual online auction and producer specials day on Berserkers. She passes away a bit over a year ago and this shall be savored.
67F5C5D6-797B-4823-AFB2-AC7182A5C0DF.jpeg

Boulevard Restless Nights. Bourbon barrel-aged porter with bourbon barrel-aged coffee beans. Very nice.
Wow. Boulevard is good stuff. Before I gave up carbs I was drinking a LOT of Boulevard. That sounds really good.

Wife made champagne margarita. What could go wrong with tequila and champagne
I made a face...... it wasn't a good one.

I actually treat top dollar tequila like bourbon. It's good sip.
Agree. I haven't had much top shelf, because I don't like many Tequilas, so it's a high risk gamble. I did buy Cabo Wabo Reposado, and it was amazing. It did sip like a good bourbon.

20200109_212408.jpg

This onr is different. A bit too much anise in it I think. Definitely not as good as the Hank's but I cant find it now. I went back to where I got it and they were out and even took the tag off the shelf.
I can order 24 bottles through Amazon for 80 stinking dollars.... not.... or I can get 12 directly from Hank's in Philly for 18 dollars. But it costs 23 to ship.....

Epic Big Bad Baptist Chocolate Rapture. That's a long name and the description is longer. An imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels with chocolate nibs, coffee, and vanilla. I get the regular BBB all the time and it's an excellent beer for the cost. However, they overdid the chocolate here. It seems to mute a lot of the nuance the regular version has. Still a great stout, but...

This will probably be the last time I post on this thread for a while. I need to lose some weight and get buff again. :cool:

20200110_150706.jpg

Epic Big Bad Baptist Chocolate Rapture. That's a long name and the description is longer. An imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels with chocolate nibs, coffee, and vanilla. I get the regular BBB all the time and it's an excellent beer for the cost. However, they overdid the chocolate here. It seems to mute a lot of the nuance the regular version has. Still a great stout, but...

This will probably be the last time I post on this thread for a while. I need to lose some weight and get buff again. :cool:

View attachment 14749
You GO Don !!
1578692361623.png

Back