The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Question for my bourbon enthusiast friends:

I wanted Buffalo Trace to be my next purchase, but the store I usually buy from doesn’t have it. It does have Eagle Rare though, which comes out of the same distillery I understand. Should I keep looking or are different productions out of the same distillery still just as good?

Eagle Rare is definitely good but I prefer Buffalo Trace.

Question for my bourbon enthusiast friends:

I wanted Buffalo Trace to be my next purchase, but the store I usually buy from doesn’t have it. It does have Eagle Rare though, which comes out of the same distillery I understand. Should I keep looking or are different productions out of the same distillery still just as good?

I think you’d enjoy Eagle Rare. As you say, it’s the same distillery, ER is just aged longer than BT. Technically a step above.

That’s a couple of folks on here who’ve had some difficulty finding BT. I wish I could share the love—it’s everywhere in Michigan! My usual liquor store sells a ton of it and they’ve had the opportunity to select special barrels to offer in the shop. I’ve been lucky enough to purchase “select” bottles of Blanton’s and BT. It really seemed to make a difference with the bottle of BT; it punched way above its price point!

I think you’d enjoy Eagle Rare. As you say, it’s the same distillery, ER is just aged longer than BT. Technically a step above.

That’s a couple of folks on here who’ve had some difficulty finding BT. I wish I could share the love—it’s everywhere in Michigan! My usual liquor store sells a ton of it and they’ve had the opportunity to select special barrels to offer in the shop. I’ve been lucky enough to purchase “select” bottles of Blanton’s and BT. It really seemed to make a difference with the bottle of BT; it punched way above its price point!
To be fair, I haven’t searched very hard. It just wasn’t at my usual grocer the last couple times I looked.

I’ve heard about these special, limited batch bottles! Quite the prize or quite the resale depending on your goal! A pipe dream for me though. Good to hear someone enjoys them though!

Eagle Rare is plentiful here in NC but Buffalo is difficult. The rare is more expensive a bit so I’ve never tried it but the Buffalo is good. My go to lately is Larceny and EW 1783 small batch.

I absolutely remember every second I was awake this year so far. I must admit though I have been drinking about 3-4x more than I was accustomed to. Not getting drunk but relaxing myself a bunch after all the stress and bull crap of my jobz

Compared to years ago, there's nothing wrong with today's boxed win at all. (y)

I'm going to mosey over to the next room and get some more Angostura Rum Punch.

Back