The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

TLDR: Surprisingly good

Bougie: I was conflicted because I wanted to get to this wine but I also thought it would fun to drink it while watching the documentary about the winery again. Well, I knew B Dave’s would lose his 🤐 if a wine and cheese night passed by without us drinking it. So tonight it was.

I had forgotten what grape this was and was expecting something darker. The colour was an earthy ruby similar to a Pinot. Very nice nose, again similar to a Pinot but darker. Dark cherries, plum, hint of strawberries, earth. Med acidity, and medium body. Tannins are soft and silky. Taste is similar to the nose, red fruits with a mix of stewed fruits and some leather coming in at the end. While I usually tend toward the more powerful reds, I really enjoyed this. With the acidity it’s good to pair it with food, but it’s not so acidic the remainder of the bottle can’t be enjoyed after the meal. This wouldn’t be a wine for aging and I think it’s ready to go right now. It would be interesting to see what it’s like 2 years from now, but I don’t think it needs more time.

Well Stranahans is now on my purchase list. Thanks Alot your enablers.... Vengence is mine

So I watched your video this morning. I did admittedly stay away from bourbon as I know you are not the biggest fan. So I gave you rye at different %s in the mashbill. If you are wanting to explore more ryes look for those 95% rye 5% malted barley mashbill. It is a very popular mash bill and I truly think you will find one you like. And even find one at a lower proof. A really good 95-5 mashbill that is inexpensive so you can see if you want to explore more expensive options would be Bulleit Rye, next time you are at the store grab a mini bottle.

Also the American Single Malt the great thing about these is that they are in brand new barrels usually, so you get more tannin notes. Explore some more American Single Malts!

Back