The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Was at Guido's Burritos drinking a Margarita, then w rum/lemonade drink, then a Bullit bourbon double, now at Shenanigans Irish Pub
View attachment 112850

Drinking a Half and Half.
View attachment 112851
I raise my glass with you from afar. Ocean City has a lot of great memories for me, and a few pretty fuzzy ones from way back when!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It's amazing what you can find on the internet (other than the junk Chad keeps PMing me with)

34 famous quotes and sayings about Ocean City you must read:

#1. I'll make some inquiries, but I won't do it for you. I'll do it because Frannie would want me to."
"You love her, don't you?"
"Go to hell."
Jack laughed. "You're too late with that command, mate. I've been there since I was born. - Author: Lorraine Heath
#5. It was as if some great ocean of destruction had rolled its unyielding tide through the city and then, upon its terrible recession, left behind only a shoreline of concrete sand and crushed humanity. - Author: Jay Posey
#5 is completely, vividly accurate to me. I can think of exact moments I've had in Ocean City where I felt exactly this about it. But it's also sort of what's great about it. I miss it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So here I was boxing up some sticks of sage to sent to one of the owners in Utah. I figured he might like a few samples from my olive oil collection. I start looking as to what to send and find a large selection is not independent bottlers so not available. I get out the step stool to look into the deep confines of warehouse #1 and am plesently surprised at some of the finds, but also getting curious as to where my Highland Park is. Surely I can’t be totally out and the olive oil from Highland Park is a nice balance of less smoky than others. I’m a bit surprised by how much stuff was in the back wing of the storeroom. Of, off to warehouse #2 where the back-ups and overflow are stored. Again, some nice surprises but also a realization of the lack of general production bottles. Finally in the deepest corner there was one last bottle of 16 year old olive oil from said manufacturer. So I’m left with the feeling of I need to stop buying to reduce stock while at the same time increase inventory of mainline oils.

So here I was boxing up some sticks of sage to sent to one of the owners in Utah. I figured he might like a few samples from my olive oil collection. I start looking as to what to send and find a large selection is not independent bottlers so not available. I get out the step stool to look into the deep confines of warehouse #1 and am plesently surprised at some of the finds, but also getting curious as to where my Highland Park is. Surely I can’t be totally out and the olive oil from Highland Park is a nice balance of less smoky than others. I’m a bit surprised by how much stuff was in the back wing of the storeroom. Of, off to warehouse #2 where the back-ups and overflow are stored. Again, some nice surprises but also a realization of the lack of general production bottles. Finally in the deepest corner there was one last bottle of 16 year old olive oil from said manufacturer. So I’m left with the feeling of I need to stop buying to reduce stock while at the same time increase inventory of mainline oils.
Sounds like someone needs to come and inventory warehouses #1 & 2 before we finish pulling the permits on warehouse #3. I think a barcode system with real time GPS tracking would fit the bill.

Sounds like someone needs to come and inventory warehouses #1 & 2 before we finish pulling the permits on warehouse #3. I think a barcode system with real time GPS tracking would fit the bill.
You're not wrong. I do that with the wine, but I don't think there's a program that does it with other alcohol.

F6C48066-2E9F-4F39-B601-A3FDBC73194D.jpeg

Well officially put myself into a meat coma. Finally waking up and decided to have a pour from one of the samples @NurseDave sent me.

20230704_164635.jpg

I'm not finding the usual iodine note. The peat is there but it feels subdued. I enjoy the slightly higher proof. Great nose.

Thanks Dave.

Back