The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

A few of these are rare/hard to come by:

The Angel's Envy Rare is a limited release and goes quickly when it is released. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Secondary market: $100 to $200
Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year old is one that people camp out for, literally. It is released once a year along with the Pappy Van Winkle 12, 14, 20, 23 year old and rye. Secondary market is $300 to $600
This Gold Edition Blanton's was not sold in the United States. $150 to $300
The Jefferson's Ocean is Voyage 3 and is not available anymore. Secondary Market $100 to $150
The MacAllan Edition No. 1 was a limited release and no longer available. Secondary Market $400 to $600

Drinking White Dog right now. You can only get it at the distillery. Holladay recently got back into making bourbon and rye, but it hasn’t aged enough yet to sell. But they sell this. It’s straight off the still, unaged, and 118 proof!

Had this earlier. Triple Crown is a really nice blended whiskey. Similar to crown royal, but so much smoother. I’ll never drink crown royal again. Go get it yourself some Triple Crown!
https://d28lcup14p4e72.cloudfront.net/225400/3848335/614333C5-C3AC-42AE-9BEC-9969FE2D2CD8.jpeg

Salmon called for a white wine tonight.

Took a flier on this wanting to try a producer I had heard of during a massive online wine sale. Actually pretty good for pizza and pasta.

Finally cracked open the bottle of Willet Pot Still Reserve I picked up more than a month ago .. holy cow that is so good and so smooth. Was so good after I had my first one I decided I needed to double check the quality and had a second.

Happy to report that the second was as good, possibly better than, the first one ;)

Went out to dinner with my parents. Ordered the Ducky Death Star. They cut you off automatically after one drink. Not allowed to order anything else. the Ducky Death Star. Has vodka, tequila, 151, and bud rita so strong. My hell

Not drinking anything tonight, but while we were gone, got a new appreciation for mules. Never had one before this week. They are good stuff. Also went to a winery in downtown Denver called Wild Woman Wines. They get all their grapes from California. Their Pinot Noir was one of the better that I have tried.

I thought they quit making 151, well Barcardi 151 anyway. It's not on their website anymore.

I’ve been remiss in posting here. With my dad in town, we’ve had wine with four dinners this last week. Here’s dinner last night. Probably the last wine for their trip so I pulled out a nice 2012 Cab from Buchella.

Back