The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

hmm.... will be interested to hear your take on the Rare Cask, Cut 25, and the 21 year, All good offerings, I just have a hard time with any of the Macallans anymore, they just seem too linear to me. Sounds like a fun time
I passed up the opportunity to get the Harmony Collection and now I’m bummed. To me that was the best Macallan. Sweeter than the others.

The Glenrothes 18 was better bang for the buck as the 25 was a bit dry with some bite on the finish because of it. The Maker’s Cut was good too, I can’t remember if I heard a price. (That was 9 samples in) but I might put it on par with the 18.

I passed up the opportunity to get the Harmony Collection and now I’m bummed. To me that was the best Macallan. Sweeter than the others.

The Glenrothes 18 was better bang for the buck as the 25 was a bit dry with some bite on the finish because of it. The Maker’s Cut was good too, I can’t remember if I heard a price. (That was 9 samples in) but I might put it on par with the 18.
Baldybrian couldn’t give you the hookup or what 🤷‍♂️

@Bill M

3 generous dashes of black walnut bitters
1.25 oz of sweet vermouth
.25 oz of simple syrup
3 oz of Rye Whiskey

Stir over ice, drain in glass garnish with Luxardo cherry

Back