The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Properly Breaking in the "TSC Glencairn" glass with a proper Whisky. As we all know the Glencairn glass originally from the Glencairn Crystal Ltd of Scotland ( ie for SCOTCH ) was originally developed and designed by Raymond Davidson from the nosing copitas used in Whisky labs in Scottland.

So remember these are for Scotch Whisky i.e.: Glencairn

If you choose to drink Whiskey from them, please refer to the glass as "Pidgeon Foot Holler Glass" HAHAHAHA j/k:ROFLMAO:

11.12.2021 Cigar Malt.jpg

The JW Green is pretty good. I bought it on recommendation of Ed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, that one isn’t bad. Or the double black. But I went out in a limb and tried some special wine cask finished one and it was awful.

Ok, I can live with this. The nose wasn’t immediately Laphroaig to me, but it was lovely. The taste is cool. It starts off with a sweet note from the Sherry and then the trademark Laphroaig taste.
I haven't had the chance to pick up this year's Cairdeas release but I did have a bottle of the GTR exclusive non-barrel proof years ago and very much enjoyed it. Interested to see how different it tastes compared to all the wine finished Cairdeas bottles there are now. Back when I had the "normal" PX years ago there wasn't such a wide selection of various wine finishes on Laphroaig.

Back