The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

First time tasting the A’Bunadh. Had a slight bottle malfunction. After removing the wax, I pulled the wood top. The wood piece came off, but the cork stayed in. Good thing this occurred before I started drinking. Some minor surgical skills were required to remove the cork and am now attempting to Krazy Glue the two pieces of cork together to the underside of the wood cap. In any event, this is most certainly a sherry bomb and quite tasty. Cheers.

Attachments

• 1AB9AB70-32A3-49C1-BA95-B50DFEF0D4DF.jpeg
    1AB9AB70-32A3-49C1-BA95-B50DFEF0D4DF.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 3
First time tasting the A’Bunadh. Had a slight bottle malfunction. After removing the wax, I pulled the wood top. The wood piece came off, but the cork stayed in. Good thing this occurred before I started drinking. Some minor surgical skills were required to remove the cork and am now attempting to Krazy Glue the two pieces of cork together to the underside of the wood cap. In any event, this is most certainly a sherry bomb and quite tasty. Cheers.
That one really interests me. Hoping I can find a good deal on a bottle locally at some point!

Was a super busy weekend with our son's first Halloween (last year he was 5 months old and we didn't get to go around at all, so counting this as the first) but I discovered a golden ratio of 2.5 parts apple cider to 1 part bourbon makes for a great festive road cocktail during Trick-or-Treating!
... and the kids seem to like it too!!

Back