The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Felt like autumn this weekend so broke out this year's Cairdeas tonight while watching SNF.

This one is simply phenomenal. I'll be picking up a backup bottle for the bunker.

a496fe0083c8f8f3fc851486a0aa7410.jpg

You getting use to it?
I like it but cant drink it up. To much like a deep dark Rum like Don Q Anejo, but add the ice and it really opens up, smooths out and is quite enjoyable. You missed it last night but we were joking that Glennfidditch 12 now tastes like water, LOL

I like it but cant drink it up. To much like a deep dark Rum like Don Q Anejo, but add the ice and it really opens up, smooths out and is quite enjoyable. You missed it last night but we were joking that Glennfidditch 12 now tastes like water, LOL
Need to revisit the bottle but don’t know if I will spring for one just for that. I have good rum and good scotch. I still like Glenfiddich 12 but I don’t only partake in Islay...:p...though I don’t have a 12 in the bar. Excellence 18 I do have.

57ECD921-5F84-4F9A-818E-9A32A20664FE.jpeg

Looks interesting. Let us know how it is,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This one came back from Jamaica with us in 2019. Originally released for the Travel Retail market and from the distillery on the Isle of Skye. Deep charred barrels impart even more smoke and spice. Love it...1/2 bottle left....

@NickCard its bold but it’s all vanilla and honey with black pepper and smoke on the finish without the iodine finish common the the Islay Scotches. Skye is good stuff.

@NickCard its bold but it’s all vanilla and honey with black pepper and smoke on the finish without the iodine finish common the the Islay Scotches. Skye is good stuff.

I will have to check it out. I started to rebuild my scotch collection. I recently bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 and Caol Ila 12. I need to expand to other regions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back