The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Tried both of these tonight. The Triple Wood was MUCH better then first sip. I like this more than the Laphroaig 10. As reported the smoke is tamed some and itā€™s more approachable. Smokey Joe was interesting. On the nose there was butterscotch and on the taste was butter popcorn with a hint of smoke.
FC210842-8014-4AFB-9413-4081A75ADA77.jpeg

heineken-can-435821_e.jpg
So I was enjoying one of these this afternoon at my parents house, when unbeknownst to me a sweet little honey bee was also enjoying it too. Well, we apparently both felt that we deserved the last little wee bit in the can and the next thing I know I have been stung...inside my mouth! Apparently bees do not like to be swooshed around in your mouth, huh, who knew? Anyway, thankfully I am not allergic and aside from some discomfort for a couple hours I was fine.

@NurseDave the Cairdeas release last year was a cask strength Triple Wood that was phenomenal.

Tonight after some crazy strong storms rolled through Chicagoland it's time to finish off the first Booker's release from 2020. They're getting younger and younger which makes the price increases sting more but man do I still love Booker's.

f9d71ec10f14577d99ce2b8316db36ae.jpg

This year the tariffs got to pricing and Cairdeas went to $100. Gotta jump on the 2019 while you can since it's still at the old price!
Went to my local shop and alllll gone. Found some up in the city, but they want $90.

Tried both of these tonight. The Triple Wood was MUCH better then first sip. I like this more than the Laphroaig 10. As reported the smoke is tamed some and itā€™s more approachable. Smokey Joe was interesting. On the nose there was butterscotch and on the taste was butter popcorn with a hint of smoke.
View attachment 32160
So @NurseDave it was an interesting description on your video...butterscotch and buttered popcorn? Whaaaaaat?

So @NurseDave it was an interesting description on your video...butterscotch and buttered popcorn? Whaaaaaat?
Yes, but the 2nd dram not exactly like that. The first time was after Laphroaig. So I think that had something to do with it.

Yes, but the 2nd dram not exactly like that. The first time was after Laphroaig. So I think that had something to do with it.
Ahhhhh! You canā€™t mix those bad boys buddy. Keep to one so you get a true ā€œtasteā€...enjoy!

Back