The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

@NurseDave and @Fightingillini22 the two of you are NOT helping at ALL! I already have a s&@t ton of Scotch...not all here because all the super high end stuff sits in “Somnos Sr’s” bar...where I strategically stashed it. Now you have me intrigued....ahhhhhhh!
I bet you have time to go check your local place tomorrow

Your fault. Going to pickup a bottle or two this weekend.

If you're enjoying the standard triple wood I am fairly confident you are going to love the cask strength release.

Oddly enough, although I prefer QC to the triple wood in the standard line, I actually enjoy that 2019 Cairdeas release much more than the 2017 Cairdeas which was a QC cask strength release. Not sure why but the cask strength didn't do the QC profile any favors to my palate. For triple wood it definitely improves at cask strength.

@NurseDave and @Fightingillini22 the two of you are NOT helping at ALL! I already have a s&@t ton of Scotch...not all here because all the super high end stuff sits in “Somnos Sr’s” bar...where I strategically stashed it. Now you have me intrigued....ahhhhhhh!

Here's another thing to pique your interest, if you enjoy wine finished Scotch, the 2020 Cairdeas is Port and Wine finished, harkening back to the famed 2013 port wood. Haven't had a chance to break open my bottle yet, that's coming tomorrow night, but I've heard pretty much nothing but fantastic things if your palate enjoys those finishes!

If you're enjoying the standard triple wood I am fairly confident you are going to love the cask strength release.

Oddly enough, although I prefer QC to the triple wood in the standard line, I actually enjoy that 2019 Cairdeas release much more than the 2017 Cairdeas which was a QC cask strength release. Not sure why but the cask strength didn't do the QC profile any favors to my palate. For triple wood it definitely improves at cask strength.

Here's another thing to pique your interest, if you enjoy wine finished Scotch, the 2020 Cairdeas is Port and Wine finished, harkening back to the famed 2013 port wood. Haven't had a chance to break open my bottle yet, that's coming tomorrow night, but I've heard pretty much nothing but fantastic things if your palate enjoys those finishes!
I knew I liked you!

@Somnos I spent a month working in London and during one of the weekends flew up to Aberdeen in Scotland and did a self guided tour of some of the highland distilleries. Balvenie was one of the stops I made (along with Aberlour, Macallan and Glenlivet) and had one of the best tastings by far. Haven't picked up a bottle in a while but loved the Double Wood. As a fan of wine finished, that port wood looks delicious!

@Somnos I spent a month working in London and during one of the weekends flew up to Aberdeen in Scotland and did a self guided tour of some of the highland distilleries. Balvenie was one of the stops I made (along with Aberlour, Macallan and Glenlivet) and had one of the best tastings by far. Haven't picked up a bottle in a while but loved the Double Wood. As a fan of wine finished, that port wood looks delicious!
Double Wood is great stuff as is their Balvenie 14 year Caribbean Cask.

Back