The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Enjoying a glass of Booker's on a rainy night here in Chicagoland.

See some peat guys posting - while I tend to stick to peaty Scotch in the autumn and winter, glad to see there's some on here!

3ef181cc9cfd0fe3795659e1f6943c7e.jpg

Enjoying a glass of Booker's on a rainy night here in Chicagoland.

See some peat guys posting - while I tend to stick to peaty Scotch in the autumn and winter, glad to see there's some on here!

3ef181cc9cfd0fe3795659e1f6943c7e.jpg

I'm a Lagavulin 16 guy. But for me it's a fall and winter drink. For summer I'm sticking with rum, vodka and gin. That's actually only two drinks. I drink my rum dark and neat or with one rock. El Dorado 15. And the gin and vodka is mixed in 3 parts gin, 1 part vodka, 1/2 part Lillet Blanc and a twist served up, chilled, shaken, not stirred. And only Ketel One and Bombay Sapphire.

I'm a Lagavulin 16 guy. But for me it's a fall and winter drink. For summer I'm sticking with rum, vodka and gin. That's actually only two drinks. I drink my rum dark and neat or with one rock. El Dorado 15. And the gin and vodka is mixed in 3 parts gin, 1 part vodka, 1/2 part Lillet Blanc and a twist served up, chilled, shaken, not stirred. And only Ketel One and Bombay Sapphire.
I'm partial to Laphroaig myself but also enjoy Laga. I discovered the hogo funk of Jamaican rum 3 or so years ago and love a good Hampden rum in the summer. Plantation OFTD and Smith & Cross are two that I reach for to drink both neat and in tiki drinks.

Now I love a good bourbon and I have tried quite a few but today I stumbled upon quite an intriguing one in the pages of Whisky Advocate. It’s called Blood Oath and it is a limited edition release. This one is “Pact 6” and it’s details can be found here Home - Blood Oath Bourbon dates back to 2015 when they released their first “Pact”

“A masterful union of well-bred bourbons-each on its own a ryed to be remembered. One, a 14-year-- dark with oak, leather and tobacco. Two, and 8-year—toasty warm with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. And three, a 7-year—full of roasted caramel and honeyed raisin, then rested and mellowed in Cognac casks for a finish that’s all Kentucky heat with a wisp of crème brulee sweet. A votre santé.”...

Cadre has anyone tried one of these? @BarberDave ?

Back