The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

We have a couple of local distilleries here that make bourbon and whiskeys. And while decent they aren't my favorite
This distillery is the oldest one west of the Mississippi. Been operating for over 150 years. Stopped producing bourbon decades ago when it fell out of favor, but started production up about 4-5 years ago. Still waiting for that first batch to be good enough to bottle. Bourbon must age at least 3 years. I think this past April was the 4 year mark.

This distillery is the oldest one west of the Mississippi. Been operating for over 150 years. Stopped producing bourbon decades ago when it fell out of favor, but started production up about 4-5 years ago. Still waiting for that first batch to be good enough to bottle. Bourbon must age at least 3 years. I think this past April was the 4 year mark.
I wish I could order alcohol for delivery from out of state

Whiskey may be made everywhere from Brooklyn to Scotland but in 1964, Congress declared bourbon “America's Native Spirit.” That means to be called bourbon, it must be made in the U.S. But really, everyone knows that means Kentucky—95 percent of the world's bourbon is made in Kentucky.

Whiskey may be made everywhere from Brooklyn to Scotland but in 1964, Congress declared bourbon “America's Native Spirit.” That means to be called bourbon, it must be made in the U.S. But really, everyone knows that means Kentucky—95 percent of the world's bourbon is made in Kentucky.
I was gonna say, i thought it had to be made IN Bourbon county to actually use the name.

Honestly just about the best Irish Whiskey I have had. Always a bottle in the bar. Got a new backup bottle tucked away.

Honestly just about the best Irish Whiskey I have had. Always a bottle in the bar. Got a new backup bottle tucked away.
I’m a big Irish Whiskey fan. Gonna have to try this one out. May have to make a trip to the liquor store tomorrow.

I’m a big Irish Whiskey fan. Gonna have to try this one out. May have to make a trip to the liquor store tomorrow.
If you can lay paw to one...scoop it up, you’ll love it. Neat though for your first taste.

Back