The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Next you are going to tell me that Napa Valley wine isn't actually bottled and packaged in Napa Valley. I am not prepared for that! When I pay a premium for it to be from "Napa" It all better be from Napa.
Chad, when you are at a bar/pub and the bartender pours you a beer from the tap, did he MAKE the beer? No. Its pretty much the exact same thing. the Whisky was made and barreled in Canada and then shipped to the US(probably because it is a LOT cheaper than it would be in bottles) and then bottled and distributed.

Chad, when you are at a bar/pub and the bartender pours you a beer from the tap, did he MAKE the beer? No. Its pretty much the exact same thing. the Whisky was made and barreled in Canada and then shipped to the US(probably because it is a LOT cheaper than it would be in bottles) and then bottled and distributed.
I get these sense this is just like talking to him about his goatee*

I feel that's a bad example. Distribution... fine. But bottling? Come on we all know that altitude, climate, etc can change the taste profile of a liquor.

"I much preferred this when it was bottled in Denver vs Boston. The elevation just allowed it to breathe so much more."

Now, you're justifying keeping that pinkie out ;)

It is Canadian...it is imported into the US by the barrel and bottled in the US...it makes economic sense. You want a Canadian whisky head North of the border...
It'll be the same shit...only served by friendly people that say "eh" a lot!

I feel that's a bad example. Distribution... fine. But bottling? Come on we all know that altitude, climate, etc can change the taste profile of a liquor.
During production and aging? sure. I seriously doubt it is sitting around anywhere near long enough for that to be the case. Does your bottle change that much as you... well maybe this is a bad question. your's don't last very long! lol i can tell you from experience that a bottle of whisky/whiskey doesn't change in noticeable flavor from the time i open it to the time i finish it. even if that time frame is measured in months.

Also, I have made both Beer and wine as well as trying some experiments in "aging" a white rum by dropping some charred white oak into a bottle with it and that took several weeks to a couple months to see a big change. These are all slow processes with Bottling being an incredibly short part of the overall process.

Look guys... I get that i am being unreasonable, but when one drinks 2/3 of a bottle and then reads KENTUCKY... one's mind makes conclusions. Also couple that with the the fact that I can't ever be wrong... I'm a referee remember we NEVER make mistakes. BUT come on it's a tiny bit shady. And at the end of the day let's not forget the main issue at hand.... the Dave's are wrong. One carries a purse, one always forgets his password seriously guys I have to fix more for him than my 88 year old grandma's smartphone, and the other one... well the other one he's alright so 2/3 of the Dave's now we are full circle... back to 2/3!

But hey the Canadian Psuedo Bourbon was pretty darn good. That is all.

So what do you call it when a call is overturned after a video review?

The angle the calling official had wasn't ideal which is why we have video review to ensure the proper call is always made. Also most video reviews are for possession. We don't go to video review and waive off a flag or add a flag. Aside from college football targeting (which is BROKEN they need the HS model) and NFL pass interference, which was created because that official probably got caught taking a bribe.

Chad will not be happy until the Canadian Whisky is made with Corn, Rye, Wheat, and Barley that were all grown in the Great North. It must be barreled and aged in barrels made from Oak trees harvested in Ontario and bound in the purest Canadian steel. It also must be bottled in in glass bottles what were produced using sand from Prince Edward Island. Then, and only then, can it be considered and "worthy" of the title Canadian Whisky!

Look guys... I get that i am being unreasonable, but when one drinks 2/3 of a bottle and then reads KENTUCKY... one's mind makes conclusions. Also couple that with the the fact that I can't ever be wrong... I'm a referee remember we NEVER make mistakes. BUT come on it's a tiny bit shady. And at the end of the day let's not forget the main issue at hand.... the Dave's are wrong. One carries a purse, one always forgets his password seriously guys I have to fix more for him than my 88 year old grandma's smartphone, and the other one... well the other one he's alright so 2/3 of the Dave's now we are full circle... back to 2/3!

But hey the Canadian Psuedo Bourbon was pretty darn good. That is all.

Well guess what I am....
external-content.duckduckgo.com5.gif

OOOOOH Another official!

AND you ruined it.

Please call it soccer or futbol. Or if you must just call it football eh. Must add the eh.
oh hold on...it wasn't invented in Latin America nor was it invented in Canada! AND it is not germane to the discussion that you are being Ms. Prissy Pissy Pants about the suspected origin of a whisky you had no issues pouring 3/4 of a bottle down your gob last night...NO VAR REQUIRED, THE CALL ON THE PITCH STANDS...STRAIGHT RED CARD!

external-content.duckduckgo.com7.gif

Back