The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Yes I know it looks rough, but this Tally-Ho Shaving Soap container and soap should cleanup and shave great! I used up a puck of this a while ago and it shaves VERY similar to Yardley and Wrisley. It needs a good scrub and it should provide 100’s of awesome Tallowy awesomeness shaves!
4B393BD1-C7B5-4B7D-8279-301BCA1055C5.jpeg

2C4DDF3D-3326-45C4-BD0C-E8028A39A3AD.jpeg

0D403EFF-D1FF-4933-8165-3E79ACD40616.jpeg

@Labrecque24 I don’t think this is your thing right? 😂

Last edited:
Waiting for PAA Thought Forms.
Scent Profile:Citrus, Basil, Menthol (scent not feel), Floral, Rose, Spice, Green, Amber, Cedar, Patchouli, Woody

That's a bit different! I cannot say I own any PAA soaps due to ages old "drama," from another forum, but this is intriguing.

Hope you're enjoying your stay on our forum!

I have not yet caught one of these with the soap in it. I have some Tawn shaving cream, but the soap is quite elusive! Super cool containers. Do you have any Duberry, Lentheric, or Spruce (the plastic ones) containers they are all in a similar category.
Not yet. But I'm always on the lookout. My plan is to re-purpose the old containers for storage and brush loading of soap hard pucks like Haslinger and L'Occitane Cade.

Not yet. But I'm always on the lookout. My plan is to re-purpose the old containers for storage and brush loading soap hard pucks like Haslinger and L'Occitane Cade.
That was my original plan! Until I found a few with vintage soaps in them and then had to FIND (catch) them all!!

I used up a puck of this a while ago and it shaves VERY similar to Yardley and Wrisley. It needs a good scrub and it should provide 100’s of awesome Tallowy awesomeness shaves!
Wow, such an old soap with that fill level (looks unused for my uneducated eyes). I guess everything that would have been unpleasant on the skin has already gone somewhere else. That soap must be a breeze to shave with. My own shaving soap gets better by the month but that soap is like a different universe when it comes to counting maturity. Awesome.

Wow, such an old soap with that fill level (looks unused for my uneducated eyes). I guess everything that would have been unpleasant on the skin has already gone somewhere else. That soap must be a breeze to shave with. My own shaving soap gets better by the month but that soap is like a different universe when it comes to counting maturity. Awesome.
I think it will be a very good soap. I've tried a lot of vintage soaps that are 70-100 years old and they've all been amazing performers. Williams Barbers Bar, Yardley, Fougère Royale, Wrisley, Seaforth, Old Spice, Palmolive, Wembdon, Kings men, and more. NONE of them have been garbage worthy and they were all tallow based soaps, so they produced a super rich creamy lather. I encourage you if you get the chance to try some of the pre 1980's shaving soaps, they are basically all winners. GRANTED, many times the scent has faded and there is a distinct scent to vintage tallow soaps, but you can always add a bit of aftershave or essential oils to your lather if you really want to, but for me it smells like nothing once lathered. The best smelling vintage soaps to me are Yardley, Fougère Royale and Wrisley.

giphy-downsized.gif

brush.jpg

Back