The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Damn you @MarkB……as one of his generous gifts from as Reindeer Buddy this year- he gave me Bourbon Barrel aged coffee - and it was THE. BEST. COFFEE. EVER.

So - I ran out because I had to have it all the time and I’ve gone looking - first for an Irish Whiskey Barrel Aged (because we Irish invented whiskey so we do it best 😂)……but then I came across Pappy & Co. Now I am not a bourbon connoisseur - but I’ve heard of Pappy……I know I will most likely never have Pappy so - here is the next best thing! Another quick backstory - I once bought a maple syrup aged in bourbon casks from a local provider - and always wanted to get more - but have been too lazy to drive (it’s about 40 minutes away - and my limit in the COVID era is 5 😂). But they have Pappy maple syrup as well. Problem solved. So again……Damn You @MarkB !!!

1674319451270.gif

Oh, and here‘s the beef (Thank goodness I have money for this because I save so much with my spartan den)

1674319480670.jpeg1674319516087.jpeg

Oh, and they had Bourbon Brittle & Bourbon Balls as well *insert @CVargo joke/innuendo here*

Last edited:
It is soooo good!

9f77319a3fb45839e3230c3c40f4d083.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn you @MarkB……as one of his generous gifts from as Reindeer Buddy this year- he gave me Bourbon Barrel aged coffee - and it was THE. BEST. COFFEE. EVER.

So - I ran out because I had to have it all the time and I’ve gone looking - first for an Irish Whiskey Barrel Aged (because we Irish invented whiskey so we do it best 😂)……but then I came across Pappy & Co. Now I am not a bourbon connoisseur - but I’ve heard of Pappy……I know I will most likely never have Pappy so - here is the next best thing! Another quick backstory - I once bought a maple syrup aged in bourbon casks from a local provider - and always wanted to get more - but have been too lazy to drive (it’s about 40 minutes away - and my limit in the COVID era is 5 😂). But they have Pappy maple syrup as well. Problem solved. So again……Damn You @MarkB !!!

View attachment 103091

Oh, and here‘s the beef (Thank goodness I have money for this because I save so much with my spartan den)

View attachment 103092View attachment 103093

Oh, and they had Bourbon Brittle & Bourbon Balls as well *insert @CVargo joke/innuendo here*
Man, try to do something nice for a guy and now I'm treated like some kind of drug dealer... :rolleyes:

Nobody MADE you drink that coffee, @Scuttlesoap !!! You have freewill just like everyone else.. Now you out here acting like Tyrone Biggums and that's MY FAULT??

giphy.gif

But that's okay..

giphy.gif

I can get you what you need.. Only $300 a bag.. :devilish:

Man, try to do something nice for a guy and now I'm treated like some kind of drug dealer... :rolleyes:

Nobody MADE you drink that coffee, @Scuttlesoap !!! You have freewill just like everyone else.. Now you out here acting like Tyrone Biggums and that's MY FAULT??

giphy.gif

But that's okay..

giphy.gif

I can get you what you need.. Only $300 a bag.. :devilish:
Au contraire mon frère - please take a closer look at the stash you provided….not only the coffee, but the grinder, a dripper, and filters - you gave me the coffee equivalent to crack, the crack pipe, and a few syringes (in case I wanted to use a different vector for my daily hit). You did all but light it up for me 😂

1674323301444.jpeg

be honest . You got it to do this…

View attachment 103330

Lol considering what it cost, not a chance.

Although also considering that the hardness rating of the steel used to make this knife is at least as high as Swedish steel razors, and that the bevel of the edge is around 15 degrees, I might see if I can shave with it.

I need these items like I need another hole in my head but sale driven as I had been looking at this for years
CA4F6DFA-13B2-4875-A5BB-B84BD66E4B7C.jpeg
Again, like I need another DE, but wanted to see what the hype was about, cheap and a unique color, and of course to be matchy, matchy I had to get the stand. I did get the AL-13M as I already have a very, very mild razor in the ASD2. Reportedly this is a bit more aggressive
038ED235-24B5-431B-8C60-B511A8F8D685.jpeg
So I CEC’d myself

Back