The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Well about a month ago - I was trying to decide which soap to buy based on the label (due to associated movies) one had a Spartan warrior and the other reminded me of a long forgotten, but awesome Ralph Macchio movie. Well, I went with the Spartan one (so I could y‘alp “This is Sparta!” While shaving), and though the label is cool - the scent was just meh. So I needed to rectify the situation - now going with the one I’m sure the artisan was tipping his hat to Ralph. Plus I should have gone with this soap anyway because Crossroads had Stevie Vai in it - and he rocks!

Oh, and the other is an homage to Versace Eau Fraiche (unfortunately the AS is sold out everywhere). But I think this soap will be only a once in a while soap considering I only wear VEF during the hot weather.

1660753588982.jpeg1660753614123.jpeg

1660754166886.jpeg
1660754474884.jpeg

1660754180526.jpeg

Last edited:
I just got a bar of the same soap about 2 months ago. Definitely turned into one of my Favorite shave soaps.
Lather’s like a champ and the slickness is Fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just what I needed to hear. Thank you.

Did you buy that one after seeing mine?
I actually had 4 brushes saved on Etsy and a couple of sites on the web, originally I wanted something Candy Cane-ish - but was wavering back an forth. What I really wanted was from Oumo brushes - but they no longer sell the one that I wanted - so I pulled the trigger on the cheaper chicken.

But you can tell everyone that I really wanted to emulate you - I’m good with that 😂

Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap 90g
View attachment 91639

I just got a bar of the same soap about 2 months ago. Definitely turned into one of my Favorite shave soaps.
Lather’s like a champ and the slickness is Fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just used it for the first time a few weeks ago too! It is pretty solid stuff and punches way above its price point.

The rest of the set arrived today. I’ll do a proper shave/review in my next vlog. I already know I (and more importantly the spouse unit) like the fragrance. Should be a slam dunk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 5
Back