The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Jernbolaget Eskilstuna Sweden "Silent Salesman" No 11 5/8
E2E601AF-A1D9-481F-BCB6-65B91E28171F.jpeg

F2169D8D-8234-415A-8E11-E720B7ACEC9A.jpeg
Scored this last night in an auction with a lot of low bids. I’ve never owned a Jernbolaget razor, but if it shaves as well as all my other Swedish steel, it will be a winner!

Dang..You find All The Deals !!!!!!!
I'll go weeks or months without finding really good deals and then I usually have them all drop in my lap in about 3-4 days. THEN I start looking all over again.

This literally just fell into my lap as a local pickup from Facebook marketplace about 5 minutes ago. I’ll pick them up this evening. And yes I got them on the cheap!

Dubl Duck Dwarf and Merit

04EB61B7-7DC4-44EA-BDC8-1B7C5F746342.jpeg

I'll go weeks or months without finding really good deals and then I usually have them all drop in my lap in about 3-4 days. THEN I start looking all over again.

This literally just fell into my lap as a local pickup from Facebook marketplace about 5 minutes ago. I’ll pick them up this evening. And yes I got them on the cheap!

Dubl Duck Dwarf and Merit

View attachment 90865
🤬 why can't I EVER find ANY Deals !!!!! I mean everything I ever see locally is ridiculously expensive here !!!!!
Edit.. I mean congrats on the finds... I never find stuff like that. I usually find some good deals on watches which is cool though for me I guess since I have been collecting them for quite some time....

🤬 why can't I EVER find ANY Deals !!!!! I mean everything I ever see locally is ridiculously expensive here !!!!!
In my opinion it’s about casting a really wide net. I spend a lot of time browsing Facebook marketplace, the shop goodwill website, I have 150 different saved searches on eBay, and I visit my local antique shops on a monthly basis. If you want to find the best stuff at a lower than typical price you have to put in the time and work. Like I said sometimes I’ll go months between great scores and others it’s one after another like these 3 razors in the last 24 hours. Invest some time in saved searches on eBay and you WILL find some deals. You will need to check them daily or maybe even 2-3 times a day, but an inexpensive buy it now will eventually pop up.

You can do it, I believe in you!

In my opinion it’s about casting a really wide net. I spend a lot of time browsing Facebook marketplace, the shop goodwill website, I have 150 different saved searches on eBay, and I visit my local antique shops on a monthly basis. If you want to find the best stuff at a lower than typical price you have to put in the time and work. Like I said sometimes I’ll go months between great scores and others it’s one after another like these 3 razors in the last 24 hours. Invest some time in saved searches on eBay and you WILL find some deals. You will need to check them daily or maybe even 2-3 times a day, but an inexpensive buy it now will eventually pop up.

You can do it, I believe in you!
Thank you. I currently have some saved that have low current offers and end in 2 -5 days so I guess we shall see. Again thank you for the reply. I appreciate it a lot..

Thank you. I currently have some saved that have low current offers and end in 2 -5 days so I guess we shall see. Again thank you for the reply. I appreciate it a lot..
No problem and also if you have an ebay auction you are watching and no one makes a bid, send the seller a message after the auction closes with no bids. I usually offer 30% below the starting auction price and see if the seller wants to move the item or not. You might get 10% of these, but make a lot of low offers and you'll score some nice stuff. You can also research the seller by looking at their other listings. If they aren't selling a ton of razors, they likely don't know what they are selling and its true "value" to the collector or user. SO, often making offers pays you massive dividends.

The same info goes for Etsy sellers stores.

I was thinking (and pricing out) movements to swap into these cases to make them even more legit. A Seiko movement easily would go in the black bay. That’s $35. The moon swatch probably an ETA G10-212 $50. <—-probably the actual movement.

I was thinking (and pricing out) movements to swap into these cases to make them even more legit. A Seiko movement easily would go in the black bay. That’s $35. The moon swatch probably an ETA G10-212 $50. <—-probably the actual movement.
that’s pretty good idea! I don’t have the talents or patience you have to do that - but I am impressed that you do! If you decide that - make a vid - I’d love to see that!

Back