The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Ours had them about 2 or 3 weeks ago. That's weird !! Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that..
We're in a smaller market. I'm sure it's possible we have less selection here. I was sure Lowe's would have them. They have a large section of hard-to-find things in drawers. No luck there.

I know those washers are used durring shipping but i read one razors instructions that said not to use durring shaving.

Id like to know more. Maybe a storage reason for using them? Do you shave with the washer on?

I believe they are used more on the artisan/small batch/expensive Stainless Steel razors. From what I have read the reasoning was that Stainless has more of a tendency to scratch, gouge, and gall than Brass or chrome plated parts do. I am not sure if this is true or not, its just what I read. So i believe folks that are particular about their stuff or that flip $$$ razors often use the washers to prevent marks caused from removing/installing the handle to the base.

I used one for a while on my Game Changer, but I kept losing it about every other time I changed blades so I just gave up on it and don't bother with them now. :)

Ok, now I may have a problem. The first step in correcting a problem is admitting there may be one.

Ok, who are we kidding. I have a new dreamsheet. I dropped two razors from it. Added this one, then bought it. I blame @NurseDave and @Fenster - I can’t keep up with their watch acquisitions.

Rocnel SE-501647120776333.png

I communicated with the artisan -he’s going to polish mine before sending it.

A few more soaps on my way to a library of 400.
46da9bb54fe3ab1cea23a4855bb2c1a3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That's one I've always wanted to try.
When I had one briefly in 2020, I don't think I even used it at all before returning it to the manufacturer, but my recollection - quite possibly faulty - is that it is supposed to be slightly more aggressive and perhaps slightly less smooth than the 17-4. We'll see.

Back