The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

I'm awaiting two custom Carbon Shaving razors from Sean:

Adamas
This has a chromium-based DLC coating with a jet black color on the Damascus steel. The coating is applied and then hand sanded to reveal the contrast of polished metal with the carbon black coating. Its base plate has an open matrix web structure with 'lightening holes.' The sanded finish is smoother than that of the Damascus model.
SGdsyvl.jpg
1msBrwf.jpg
r8Ks14F.jpg
AJQ6hLL.jpg
7x0xXAx.jpg
Y8ofKxc.jpg

Cx-Graphite Titanium
The color of this DLC coating is a shimmering 'grey rainbow' (which can be seen a bit in the last image). The razor's base plate also has the open matrix web structure.
xIKD6u3.jpg
bShXOdu.jpg
qW06GZi.jpg
DvANydS.jpg
7o7YHPb.jpg
Those are truly unique - fantastic catch! I really like the base plates - really add to the “high tech” look

I'm awaiting two custom Carbon Shaving razors from Sean:

Adamas
This has a chromium-based DLC coating with a jet black color on the Damascus steel. The coating is applied and then hand sanded to reveal the contrast of polished metal with the carbon black coating. Its base plate has an open matrix web structure with 'lightening holes.' The sanded finish is smoother than that of the Damascus model.
SGdsyvl.jpg
1msBrwf.jpg
r8Ks14F.jpg
AJQ6hLL.jpg
7x0xXAx.jpg
Y8ofKxc.jpg

Cx-Graphite Titanium
The color of this DLC coating is a shimmering 'grey rainbow' (which can be seen a bit in the last image). The razor's base plate also has the open matrix web structure.
xIKD6u3.jpg
bShXOdu.jpg
qW06GZi.jpg
DvANydS.jpg
7o7YHPb.jpg
GjiF0Lr.jpg
Those are truly magnificent. I hope they provide you with many years of excellent shaves.

I have recently ordered several things from AliExpress and have had a good experience overall. I tend to check out what's on sale every so often and noticed this Yaqi brush today for $7. Apparently the handle is defective in some way but for that price why not take a chance. They call this handle with a cashmere knot the Dandelion and I've liked it since I first saw it. I think this may be better though because cashmere knots can be a little too soft. I guess I'll find out in a month or so when it gets here.

-443516024-1864842632.jpg

After learning of the existence of these on last night's Zoom, I just had to order one.

I have 4 Arko sticks in my stash that I purchased back in 2016. This could get me to use them up. (But, then I will have to buy a new 12 pack...)

Why is this only on Zoom? No one has posted this to the cadre yet? Who do we have to hang by their toenails for not sharing this info????
Um... But, I just did... post about them, that is... to the Cadre... In this very thread... 😁

I only just heard about them last night from @Luecke3262, if you need someone to hang by their toenails.

I will make a longer post about them in the proper sub-forum when I get mine in March (shipping from Sweden is probably going to be slow).

After learning of the existence of these on last night's Zoom, I just had to order one.

I have 4 Arko sticks in my stash that I purchased back in 2016. This could get me to use them up. (But, then I will have to buy a new 12 pack...)
If you or anyone else has a 3d printer then here is the file to print the containers yourself...

Attachments

Oh and just so you guys know I put all the files in that zip...

here are the specs....
  1. Slide the guide into the shell from the top
  2. Glue the knob to the guide using a small amount of CA, be careful so that the glue only gues these parts and not the shell.
  3. Align the guide to the helical thread inside the shell and insert the pusher from the top.
  4. Attaching the stick by applying some water to the bottom of the stick and press carefully together
Print Settings
Printer brand:
Prusa

Printer:
I3 MK3S

Rafts:
No

Supports:
Yes

Resolution:

Infill:
15%

Filament brand:
Prusament

Filament color:
Vanilla White

Filament material:
PLA

Notes:
The guide and pusher needs to be printed using support. The rest of the parts does not need support.

Back