The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

These 4 came in Today.
Do I Need 4 ?
f8daeea0b0a4714e008864078bfa4f2f.jpg

c33bb889d5a51dd7bbc41d5737868478.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Escher came in with the other two stones. One I believe is BBW the green one I have no idea. Stones are shown wet but starting to dry off.
@Luecke3262
View attachment 119881View attachment 119882View attachment 119883
A very nice Blue Green Escher, I love mine it gives a very keen and smooth edge! I feel like they work best on Sheffield and Solingen razor steel. The purple Belgian Blue should be great for mid work 3000-5000ish. It has a very beautiful grain pattern IMHO! What is the green stone? It does look like a type of slate/novaculite, it may be a Llyn Idwal which would be between 8-9K. I love the swirls! Was it hard to flatten?

As a set, this would make sense! BBW for bevel set/heavy work, then "Llyn Idwal," for mid to pre-finish, and then finish on the Escher. Really nice set!

A very nice Blue Green Escher, I love mine it gives a very keen and smooth edge! I feel like they work best on Sheffield and Solingen razor steel. The purple Belgian Blue should be great for mid work 3000-5000ish. It has a very beautiful grain pattern IMHO! What is the green stone? It does look like a type of slate/novaculite, it may be a Llyn Idwal which would be between 8-9K. I love the swirls! Was it hard to flatten?

As a set, this would make sense! BBW for bevel set/heavy work, then "Llyn Idwal," for mid to pre-finish, and then finish on the Escher. Really nice set!
The green was a bit challenging to flatten as it was going very slow. I ended up wetting smooth concrete and doing the first stage there. I probably lost more stone but it did make it go faster. I went to a 300 diamond after the concrete. I have yet to figure out what it is, but it has silica like sparkles when dry

Back