The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Mine arrived on Saturday and it also said tallow, it what Kent brought to light makes me somewhat skeptical. Hopefully they were not selling a different product with an incorrect label. Cheers!
I checked the batch numbers on the 4 boxes I have now. The two I received last week were from the mislabeled batch that Kent identified but was properly labeled with palm oil on mine and the two I received over the weekend are from a different, earlier batch (that's assuming that they number their batches in sequence) and is labeled with tallow. I still have a few coming from Kent just to be sure.

Some Barber Dave Merch. I'll still buy shaving merch, if it's meaningful. I estimate I've spent two full days and a few hours watching @BarberDave shave. I watched all of Twin Peaks, twice, and that doesn't come close. A t-shirt and coffee mug seemed like things I should have. I have old shirts for bands I didn't listen to that much. I owned a Terrence Trent D'Arby t-shirt, for a month, only knew one song and didn't like it. It was a door prize. I'll wear this with pride. The quality is great! My Police reunion tour shirt cost three times as much, and us literally half the weight. And the Cartesian motto is great too. Respect, Dave! The 1k upgrades are pretty cool!
dfe40cfb1c16f7ea76481bed229b03d7.jpg
8333a5e375d7d3c6220c17106b3b71aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Some Barber Dave Merch. I'll still buy shaving merch, if it's meaningful. I estimate I've spent two full days and a few hours watching @BarberDave shave. I watched all of Twin Peaks, twice, and that doesn't come close. A t-shirt and coffee mug seemed like things I should have. I have old shirts for bands I didn't listen to that much. I owned a Terrence Trent D'Arby t-shirt, for a month, only knew one song and didn't like it. It was a door prize. I'll wear this with pride. The quality is great! My Police reunion tour shirt cost three times as much, and us literally half the weight. And the Cartesian motto is great too. Respect, Dave! The 1k upgrades are pretty cool!
dfe40cfb1c16f7ea76481bed229b03d7.jpg
8333a5e375d7d3c6220c17106b3b71aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I need to get one of those coffee mugs! :love:

The Kent shaving soap and aftershave arrived today.

@Jaro1069 the Aftershave smells like a cross between Pinaud Clubman and the spicy citrus notes of Aramis. The aftershave still had a plastic seal over the top and was NOS BEFORE I DEFILED IT.

The Kent soap smells like MWF, it’ll be vacuum sealed and cryogenically preserved for future generations. And a few will be disbursed over the years. The shavepocolypse has been averted.
70EC8EC3-0E71-497A-9053-06779B991D55.jpeg
672E232F-B1B7-4028-95EE-8317BFA316B2.jpeg

@Jaro1069 the Aftershave smells like a cross between Pinaud Clubman and the spicy citrus notes of Aramis. The aftershave still had a plastic seal over the top and was NOS BEFORE I DEFILED IT.

The Kent soap smells like MWF, it’ll be vacuum sealed and cryogenically preserved for future generations. And a few will be disbursed over the years. The shavepocolypse has been averted.
View attachment 114134
View attachment 114133
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to the Shave pack rat in his natural environment

Look closely, and you’ll see a nest of discarded, shave soap, wrappers. This specific species does have a tendency to have Shave product paranoia. Please be careful when approaching.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to the Shave pack rat in his natural environment

Look closely, and you’ll see a nest of discarded, shave soap, wrappers. This specific species does have a tendency to have Shave product paranoia. Please be careful when approaching.
I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.
42C1EE1D-1A6C-4B12-8833-11586C23F1F3.jpeg399B2CC3-6CF0-43F6-98D2-07041012C6C2.jpeg

View attachment 114134
View attachment 114133
Thank you for the reply.. I appreciate it a lot....

I see you have a Bevel brush, what do you think of it? I have one of their razor heads I picked up on a different handle that is one of my favorite razors. I have thought of getting one of their brushes and would appreciate your insight about it....
Honestly, I got it in a Facebook marketplace score back during 2020 with their cream, balm, and oil. I’ve never used them lol

Back