The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

How did yours get filled with a turd and Reese’s peanut butter cup wrapped! 🤔😜

I do love the set aesthetic!
If you want to believe the ad copy that is “The Soap is made in our vegan formula, using brewed green tea in lieu of the water traditionally used in this recipe. We have also added matcha powder to the soap for it's antioxidant properties. Topped with a piece of gold leaf to complete the bonsai aesthetic”

The set they used on me in the shop today, the guys were just scooping off the puck (all of that goodness together) before lathering.

Will be interested in your thoughts
I was lucky enough to have them use it on me today at the shop. I love the bright jasmine opening and scent of the soap. Didn’t get the full chance to experience the full dry down of the aftershave, as it was layered with Ultimate Creeper and their moisturizer lotion. Will be trying it out again soon!
whatever you do, get a reducer for the AS, and do NOt get the rice paper wet.... dont ask me how I know, LOL
Thanks for the advice!

Thanks to Pete and Monica for their generosity

Looking Foward to SAMPLE SEPTEMBER. Anyone can join in if you want. Just use your samples in September. Pretty easy huh? Plus it gives you a chance to thin out your dozens of samples laying around! 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😂

P.S unicorn farts cracks me up. She and I share the same sense of humor! Cant wait to try her products! Plus her soaps look so good you almost feel bad loading them haha! The one “ Poseidon“ even has a trident in the SOAP! 🔱

How cool is that?! 😎

I’m also looking Foward to trying HENDRIX CLASSIC & CO’s “Gunslinger & Canadian mafia”

Canadian mafia is a dupe of LE MALE
D8A471B1-C5D6-4BDF-A2E4-51401A3DAFA8.jpeg5A7FD489-4E58-489E-BE76-28A102528042.jpeg

I recently acquired my first stainless steel straight razor. Like most people I’m more accustomed to carbon steel razors. I’ve had my eye on this specific Henckles model for some time now. And I’m very excited to add it to my Shave Den. Off the bat, or off the hone I should say, I noticed little differences between the two. The face feel is also something I need to get used too. I’ve decided to make this my daily driver for a little while as to get more acquainted and comfortable with it. It sure is a looker!!! 🤩

Razor Info: Its a vintage CDEDD779-8517-4F66-8FAE-52DAC5FCCD58.jpeg76FA0EB6-A7D5-4BE7-A95C-23B333D3E10E.jpegJ.A Henckels 72 golden checkered Friodur INOX square tip 6/8

Back