The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

A friend of mine sent me these awesome vintage soaps! Colgate Aseptic shaving soap(Palmolive-Peet, Colgate Barber shaving soap, and Mon Triomphe shaving soap.

I’m excited to try them all out! I’ve tried the red and white Colgate shaving soap, but never these two. I’ve never even heard of the Mon Triomphe, but it is tallow based and should be great!
BAE601B0-EF54-4299-99BA-C92E39F2B83A.jpeg

542687D0-3106-44F5-B16A-B50238B86494.jpeg

C162195E-7962-4AEC-91AB-41109F7A585E.jpeg

40FBC931-CC47-4B29-A7A2-83D911B6D8E5.jpeg

A friend of mine sent me these awesome vintage soaps! Colgate Aseptic shaving soap(Palmolive-Peet, Colgate Barber shaving soap, and Mon Triomphe shaving soap.

I’m excited to try them all out! I’ve tried the red and white Colgate shaving soap, but never these two. I’ve never even heard of the Mon Triomphe, but it is tallow based and should be great!
View attachment 80208

View attachment 80209

View attachment 80210

View attachment 80211
Love me some vintage tallow goodness!!

I’ve never even heard of the Mon Triomphe
That’s a scent line made by JB Williams. You can frequently find the AS & Cologne on eBay. Maybe they made a set with a soap, somewhere along the line?

Good chance it’s the same as vintage Williams, just with a different scent…. Originallly.

That’s a scent line made by JB Williams. You can frequently find the AS & Cologne on eBay. Maybe they made a set with a soap, somewhere along the line?

Good chance it’s the same as vintage Williams, just with a different scent…. Originallly.
I did not realize it was a Williams product! It has a very mild and light musk scent along with the normal vintage tallow scent. Very cool! The same gentleman who sent the soaps to me also owns a 12 pack of NOS Williams Genuine Yankee Soap! He would not sell me any, but I'll keep working on him.

I wonder if I've missed any other Williams products?
  • Genuine Yankee Soap
  • Barbers Bar
  • Tonsorial
  • Currier and Ives
  • Vintage Williams
  • Mon Triomphe
  • Modern Discontinued Williams
Anything else?

I did not realize it was a Williams product! It has a very mild and light musk scent along with the normal vintage tallow scent. Very cool! The same gentleman who sent the soaps to me also owns a 12 pack of NOS Williams Genuine Yankee Soap! He would not sell me any, but I'll keep working on him.

I wonder if I've missed any other Williams products?
  • Genuine Yankee Soap
  • Barbers Bar
  • Tonsorial
  • Currier and Ives
  • Vintage Williams
  • Mon Triomphe
  • Modern Discontinued Williams
Anything else?
Yeah! Quick & Easy Powder, Glider, Soaplets, and this one…..
22A40087-85D2-4345-9C77-FA52DBF385E4.jpeg

Got it Looks NOS to me. Going to be fun Breaking it in.
494a50aede3731e6eebc245ea0df1da0.jpg

b79eeecdd553bb657282f1b0f14c3fb1.jpg

1650198742196.jpeg

A much too kind and generous gift from @Bill M ! Not only was he gracious enough to spend time and visit with me yesterday - displayed the ultimate in patience as he taught me the science of convex honing - but he left me with the tools to continue along my journey. The Gold Dollar is my first ScuttleSoap honed razor and it passes the styrofoam peanut test - Woo Hoo! I thank you Bill - yesterday was extremely fun and I thoroughly enjoyed our get together!

Last edited:

View attachment 80208

View attachment 80209

View attachment 80210

View attachment 80211
Nice. Do they still have scents?

Back