The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Just got (yesterday afternoon) a 26mm Turn N' Shave half-gelled Shoat (Boar) knot.

Set it immediately in a handle. Won't try to break it in until the glue has sat for a few days. Hoping the copious amounts of silicone will hold as I seem to really beat up my boar brushes in break-in.
4c43b65f27b4b19cc876b4cd84a8637e.jpg

Dscosmetic Adjustable 2 Band Badger

emJcjv2.png
GuLpAWJ.png
Nice..Congrats on the new brush. I hope you like it..
Adjustable brush??? 🤯
Yeah there have been several other designs of VLB's
Amazing idea if it works!
They seem to work.....

I have one of the original prototype Shavemac VLB that he worked with Chris Moss ( Moss Scuttle ) on that Chris gave to me along with one of the original prototype scuttles .. They are interesting brushes.. You can go from EXTREME backbone to almost floppy with them.. They seem to work pretty well...
Pics below like mine...
Smallest.jpg
LittleBigger.jpg
Medium.jpg
NearlyThere.jpg
Biggest.jpg

Nice..Congrats on the new brush. I hope you like it..

Yeah there have been several other designs of VLB's

They seem to work.....

I have one of the original prototype Shavemac VLB that he worked with Chris Moss ( Moss Scuttle ) on that Chris gave to me along with one of the original prototype scuttles .. They are interesting brushes.. You can go from EXTREME backbone to almost floppy with them.. They seem to work pretty well...
Pics below like mine...
View attachment 67642
View attachment 67643
View attachment 67644
View attachment 67645
View attachment 67646
Wow. That's a nice adjustable... Function and class. Thanks for sharing.

I'm surprised we don't see more of these on the market.

Wow. That's a nice adjustable... Function and class. Thanks for sharing.

I'm surprised we don't see more of these on the market.
Thanks and yes I agree I am surprised also. There are problems sometimes in the design though.. Some designs can be rather bulky and thus awkward to hold and also the adjustment parts can get gunked up with soap residue and the adjustment parts get a lot of wear from raising and lowering the loft of the knot... They are indeed neat brushes though..

Back