The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Received this Gillette New (Long or Short comb, I can't tell) to go with the 3d printed mount Kyle made for me (received yesterday).

Used the razor with my vintage Brush (right side) and the old spice mug.

Great vintage shave! [emoji106]
85f9c1a1c40399d26b2caf962360104f.jpg
5b4a62bc9e59e3acffc54df5f061b162.jpg

Last edited:
Received this Gillette New (Long or Short comb, I can't tell) to go with the 3d printed mount Kyle made for me (received yesterday).

Used the razor with my vintage Brush (right side) and the old spice mug.

Great vintage shave! [emoji106]
85f9c1a1c40399d26b2caf962360104f.jpg
5b4a62bc9e59e3acffc54df5f061b162.jpg
Long comb,... for quick ID look for the Gillette diamond, it's off to the side on the long comb, it's in the center next to the handle on the short comb.

Long comb,... for quick ID look for the Gillette diamond, it's off to the side on the long comb, it's in the center next to the handle on the short comb.
Awesome, that's a great little tip!

I was leaning towards long comb, because I had a Short comb some time ago and we didn't get along so great. I wasn't 100% sure my technique didn't improve, but this was quite a lot nicer feeling (from my limited memory).

Thanks @TobyC and @Spider , much appreciated.

Just got back from an fantastic Marketplace exchange. The lady was super nice and wanted to meet up at the police station for a cash sale. Bought for her husband, but he was too scared to put it to use. His loss is my gain, she dropped the price from $150 down to $40?????

Anyone else ever used BEVEL??

-Bevel Shaving cream
-Bevel Priming oil
-Bevel Restoring balm
-Bevel Shaving brush
-G.B.S. Razor strop(cheapo)
-Parker Leather razor sleeve
-Dovo Prima Silver Steel 5/8 (unused & not honed)

B4D114DC-047D-41B9-BD18-7EFD81D767F3.jpeg
2CFF4D1B-8DA3-4892-BCA5-3D4E0D922EFF.jpeg

Just got back from an fantastic Marketplace exchange. The lady was super nice and wanted to meet up at the police station for a cash sale. Bought for her husband, but he was too scared to put it to use. His loss is my gain, she dropped the price from $150 down to $40?????

-Bevel Shaving cream
-Bevel Priming oil
-Bevel Restoring balm
-Bevel Shaving brush

View attachment 50891
View attachment 50890
Nice. I had looked at one of the Bevel brushes at target but they were out when they were on sale.. Please let me know what you think of it because if they ever put them on sale again I I really want one of them if they are decent...

-Bevel Shaving cream
-Bevel Priming oil
-Bevel Restoring balm
-Bevel Shaving brush

View attachment 50891
View attachment 50890
Sweet score!!

Back