The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

I would hold on to enough material to make scales for a Duck or Aces razor. Then look for either/both with broken scales. Low price but blade in good shape equal deal. :)

Went to the local Target tonight. They had 2 of these.. 1 was priced 29.99 the other was priced @ 6.00 .. Guess which one I got ??
$6!? Now that is a steal. It's been a while since I've brought ours out, simply because we need a full pot of coffee every day until I start going back to the office. The reverse brew method always yielded a fantastic cup for me - might have to grab ours this weekend.

$6!? Now that is a steal. It's been a while since I've brought ours out, simply because we need a full pot of coffee every day until I start going back to the office. The reverse brew method always yielded a fantastic cup for me - might have to grab ours this weekend.
I usually make a full pot too but sometimes in the morning with helping the kids with online school this might work for me...

Got these Ethos Samples in the mail from my good buddy Dave in KY. So far I've moved them to sample containers and tried one shave with the Colonia. Very good stuff.

I get mostly lemon, with a subtle backdrop of some other stuff. The backdrop is cologne-esque, but mild enough it shouldn't give me a problem. Got maybe 2 more shaves from this, so we'll see. It's definitely a slick soap, and the post shave feel seems elite. I use post shave balm, so it's time 'alone' on the face is very limited.

I haven't tried the Agrumes yet, but the scent off the sample is almost non-existent. I'll see if something comes of it after I lather it. I believe Frank includes additional oil to kick the scent up a notch, so don't let the report of a light scents deter you.

So far, great stuff @Dragonsbeard ! [emoji106]
db74590ebc645056a7bfb98d1ebb52d2.jpg

Today's mail call is from Lisa's Natural Herbal. I got some samples of Somali Rose soap to top off my 'remix tub'. Also a bar is somali rose soap and a bar of Mango soap. Couple that with the CBL Manchurian soap and Stirling Queen of Hearts (if it survives) and I have enough to last through the end of summer. [emoji106]
0bef1006de51069c368f68fb42208b83.jpg

Back