The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Yes to what Sam said. Also, I grab a SE razor because I want to use a SE blade. They are thicker and have a different geometry than DE blades and shave different.
Ok that's fair. An Injector is a more firm shave plane than a DE. So this is more of a shavette on a stick

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I thought it was SE. my mistake. 🤷‍♂️

BTW a name/type is just a name/type; it doesn't matter what we call it, it's how it shaves for you that counts. ;)
Sam is exactly right. And I only said that “I” would not consider it to be a SE razor. If anyone else does, that’s fine. My point in making that statement was just to point out that it took DE blades. Since it looks like a SE razor, I initially assumed it took injector blades. Wanted everyone to be aware.

Any good question really is worth asking twice!

Just ask Jacob Two-Two (but not the Hooded Fang!)
<<Now you non-Canadians can go Google stuff ;)>>

What's it smell like to you?
I am not very good at picking out and/or describing scents. To me, I smell pineapple up front with a light spice background. It is not an overly sweet, single note pineapple like I have smelled in some other soaps and AS though, this one is a pineapple with something else there too. I went back and looked at Chris's description of the other notes (Dry Birch heart and Oak moss & Ambergris) and I could not identify any of them individually, but they certainly seam to add the overall scent profile. I have never used Aventus so I cant compare the two, but I do know I really like this Pinnacle scent from CBL and will certainly reorder.

Back