The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Been wearing this one a few days now and it keeps very accurate time. According to the seller the mechanism was gone over, cleaned, lubricated and calibrated. Time adjustment is a little stiff but nothing bad. Very happy with it.
I dropped one that I had a few years ago. I really liked it. Never had it looked at, same thing I did to an old Seiko 5. They were both so cheap I just threw them in a drawer.

I should try to look up what I could do at home. Lol, nothing ventured nothing gained?

Almost forgot. This brush came in today from KnotHead Brushworks. It has a 24mm SHD badger fan from Maggard. Tim did a great job on this one [emoji122].

80703ce81be48a86b1054aae5f17b62a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting concept head looks a bit like an Occam interesting way to place the blade, look forward to your thoughts

Because it's a really DE blade, not an SE blade. That would be like calling all DE shaving "SE shaving" since you're only using one edge of the blade per stroke.

It takes a half DE blade. I wouldn’t consider that a true SE razor.

What’s the attraction to artist club and gem style razors? Is it about blade feel? Not having two edges to worry about? The wider profile? I’ve seen people do reviews but it’s never quite sparked my interest for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back