The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Who would have guessed I'd find a second Crabtree and Evelyn Mysore Sandal Wood Shaving Soap, locally!
IMG_6358.jpg
Found this soap refill locally via Facebook Marketplace. My antiquing buddy helped me acquire this one after I picked him up from preschool. He's always ready to go for a ride with dad, especially if dad buys him a cookie while we are out!

Here it is next to the soap bowl I scored last week.
IMG_6360.jpg

Mail Call:
Since I use a straight most of the time and with the 500 Astras I now have, I should be good on DE blades forever LOL

Nacets - 50
PolSilver Si - 50
Boellis Panama Shave Soap brick
Boellis Panama Daytona Aftershave
Boellis Panama Daytona Edt.... and a freebie of the Hemingway Facial Elixir from mygood friend Phil at Bullgoose

TaidmmE.jpg

Woot! My CBL order landed. Dragons Blood Tonic and oil, a bunch os Sandalwood and Musk soap, some things as local xmas gifts to convert friends (not pictured) and some swag (looks like the dog tag didnt make the pic).

Thanks as always @CBLindsay , the patch will go with my other morale patches on the the headliner in my car.

20201029_175522.jpg

I look forward to your thoughts about Orion. I'm on the fence because of the bundle requirement.
Initial impression after first use..... it has no equal. Slickness/Residual slickness was off the charts, and best post shave feel I've ever felt. Bar None! The oil and Tonic just added to the experience and my face has NEVER felt this good.

Also got an order from Oz Shaving yesterday. Got my fix for Fullmoon for the year! Threw in the spare bottle of Tornadic to get the free shipping. And the other unlabeled bottle was a surprise. In one of my initial emails to Ian, I told him how much I loved the fullmoon scent and how I'd love to see it in a cologne, and asked if he'd ever though of expanding his line into making colognes. He never responded to that point, but when I saw that bottle, I knew exactly what it was. I'm so happy to have it! I hope he does continue to made colognes, because I can see myself wearing many of his scents.
fullmoon.jpg

Also got an order from Oz Shaving yesterday. Got my fix for Fullmoon for the year! Threw in the spare bottle of Tornadic to get the free shipping. And the other unlabeled bottle was a surprise. In one of my initial emails to Ian, I told him how much I loved the fullmoon scent and how I'd love to see it in a cologne, and asked if he'd ever though of expanding his line into making colognes. He never responded to that point, but when I saw that bottle, I knew exactly what it was. I'm so happy to have it! I hope he does continue to made colognes, because I can see myself wearing many of his scents.
View attachment 39079
For a minute there I thought the skull and hands were also from Oz as well.

For a minute there I thought the skull and hands were also from Oz as well.
Nah, just some of my table decorations. But it would be cool, if for special holiday releases, that artisans did trow in a little something... or offer something as a special set. Not all THB like, but just a little something.

Initial impression after first use..... it has no equal. Slickness/Residual slickness was off the charts, and best post shave feel I've ever felt. Bar None! The oil and Tonic just added to the experience and my face has NEVER felt this good.
Thanks for the report!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back