The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

So Chris was not kidding when he said he was cleaning out a drawer and had some things to send my way to play with. Everyone knows how generous Chris is and I appreciate all the goodies along with two soaps that I purchased. A branded brush for @CBLSoap.com along with the remnants of a plumbing job turned brush. A really cool Kriss Kross stropper and razor. I bought the horsepower for a spare and @Graybeard57 shoved me over the edge with the lavender and leather that I've eyed more than once. Small puck of Pierre Cardin and a CBL Club stick which I have so will pass on to @Bill in Oneida and 4 samples. One upside down said "secret" and who doesn't love a mystery. I'm thinking Dolphin Butt is up for tomorrow perhaps. Thanks again Chris
IMG_20200523_192711391.jpgIMG_20200523_192740988.jpgIMG_20200523_192840243.jpgIMG_20200523_192847001.jpg

A branded brush for @CBLSoap.com
So those brushes are branded! There’s no mention of that on his site, or I’d have bought one long ago. I just mentioned in another thread that it would be cool if the merch on his site did have his logo on it, and he didn’t come back and say it was.

So those brushes are branded! There’s no mention of that on his site, or I’d have bought one long ago. I just mentioned in another thread that it would be cool if the merch on his site did have his logo on it, and he didn’t come back and say it was.
Well this one is. He said it was a less than perfect branding. It looks good but is light so you'd have to ask him specifically if the others are or if he decided to not brand them due to quality

Well this one is. He said it was a less than perfect branding. It looks good but is light so you'd have to ask him specifically if the others are or if he decided to not brand them due to quality
Ah, okay. Thanks.

What's plague doctor like ? Been curious about that one ever since my son dressed up like that for Halloween.
It has a very old school antiseptic vibe to it. One of the prominent notes is akin to the smell of opening up a vintage band aid. Then there’s some dark floral notes with it. It’s really super hard to describe. It’s nothing like I thought it’d be from the notes description.

It has a very old school antiseptic vibe to it. One of the prominent notes is akin to the smell of opening up a vintage band aid. Then there’s some dark floral notes with it. It’s really super hard to describe. It’s nothing like I thought it’d be from the notes description.
Thank you for the description you gave.. I appreciate it.

My new Kanayama strop arrived today!

DkVNaRb.jpg
[URL

Last edited:
Back