The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

I lived on Governor's Island for two weeks, till my father made some calls and transferred to New London, CT. The island has a great view of the back of the Statue of Liberty. It was great duty for younger USCG personnel, but not for a family of six with four kids entering their teen years. Love the logo.
I image this smells different than the island ;)

Don, the shape of that razor just goes perfectly with the colors. Eric did all three brushes in a different shape and I think each one would not look as good if it was in any of the other of the three shapes. They are all perfect. @Smattayu is a true artist!
Thanks KJ! I'm having a lot of fun mixing colors right now, and will be posting some of my favorite blanks in my Hobbyist thread.

So a Vintage Palmolive/Colgate soap that I won with an initial bid I thought would be outbid $4. We'll give it a shot eventually or something........
IMG_20200520_161317585.jpg
A trade in another neighborhood for my CBJ Kamisori and some Feather Pro Blades. I got a Razorock German Slant on a Weber Bulldog handle and an assortment of blades.
IMG_20200520_161232921.jpg
Then this box from Michigan came
IMG_20200520_161600575.jpg
............and this was inside
IMG_20200520_161537011.jpg
It took a bit to unwrap it..............

...............and this was inside that. The Clown Puke/Three Stooges Handle from the 1st pour leftovers of the 1st 3 brushes Eric made. The knot is rough and not the best which Eric warned me about. I'll use it awhile and if I can't live with it I'll get a better knot. The Handle is history and I'm proud to have it to care for. The handle while short is plenty tal enough and it's fatter than I thought with a 26mm hole. I LOVE it !!!!
IMG_20200520_161939120.jpg

Mail call
2* Ariana&Evans The Equistrian set (where one is for a fellow Dutch wet shaver)
Ariana&Evans Asian Pear set
Thuringian Ambicut honing stone (from what I heard quite a rare stone)
Karve "Christopher Bradley" Stainless Steel OC E plate

6XWJxRz.jpg

Mail call
2* Ariana&Evans The Equistrian set (where one is for a fellow Dutch wet shaver)
Ariana&Evans Asian Pear set
Thuringian Ambicut honing stone (from what I heard quite a rare stone)
Karve "Christopher Bradley" Stainless Steel OC E plate

6XWJxRz.jpg
Noice!

Back