The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: SuperMax Platinum Plus (6th Shave)
Soap/Cream: @Mystic Water - Orange Spice Tea
Brush: The Shaving Cadre Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu ) in Finest Badger
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Vintage Avon - Windjammer

Another Mystic Water Shave...and another shave that was really nice! I had this puck of Orange Spice Tea in a drawer unused and I thought what better way to break it in by using it on the Mystic Water Soap Theme Week and for the best holiday of the year...the TSC 1st Anniversary! The scent on this soap is really nice. And even though the name of the scent might conjure up images of sitting by a fireplace in a big cozy chair sipping on tea to warm the soul...I really think this scent is a nice spring scent as well! It isn't heavy on the spice, and the prevailing scents are obviously orange and black tea. But the scent is light and does not linger long. The soap is one of my favorite performing soaps...so I will leave it at that. Regular old three pass shave and I may have been able to get a better shave...but I didn't want to chase today. I finished up with better than a DFS+ and I am happy for it! Several glugs of Avon Windjammer aftershave and I smell like a hundred dollar bill...okay...maybe not the bill itself...but I smell great...and I feel great too, which is more important.

The Danger Zone:

It's The Shaving Cadre's Birthday!!!! Or anniversary...or whatever you want to call it! I know I found out about TSC a little later than some of you ( I was kind of busy working for the other team), but I am happy and proud to be one of the Cadre. I feel like this place foster's camaraderie more so than anywhere else I have been. While I knew a good number of you fro the other place...I am so glad I have got to know the rest of you. And I am happier still that I keep meeting new members! And from around the world no less! I couldn't be more proud to be a part of a great bunch of guys! Here's to the continued success and longevity of TSC!

Now...where's the cake!

#TheShavingCadre #TSC #TSCMemberBrush #FinestBadgerShavingBrush #LucaBrasi #MysticWaterSoap #MysticWater #OrangeSpiceTea #VintageAvonAfterShave #Avon #Windjammer #MerkurProgress

Another great SOTD pic Don! Mystic Waters has been added to my long list of soaps to try out. I've heard of some guys having issues getting a good lather, doesn't seem to be the case with you though. Good stuff, and happy TSC Anniversary!

Ok Donnie, what's up with all the # this and # that? Are you copying your post over to instagram or something?

Ok Donnie, what's up with all the # this and # that? Are you copying your post over to instagram or something?
Pretty much. Maybe not the whole post...but I do copy the hashtags to Instagram and in turn it copies them to Twitter and Facebook!

I underestimated how many people want to know about Don's shave out there in the world :ROFLMAO:

#humor #sarcasm #goodoledon

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: SuperMax Platinum Plus (7th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche
Brush: Stirling Soap Co. (@Joe Hackett ) 24mm Fan in Finest Badger
Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche

It's a new theme week for soaps and this time it's a Spring Theme. The theme is actually a day and a half ahead of spring...the Equinox being 5:58 PM on March the 20th...but who is really counting. As far as soaps and scents go...nothing says spring more to me than Vide Poche! With the honeysuckle and fressia...how can you not thick of spring when these flowers are in bloom! That being said...this soap is more than just scent alone. I place the performance of this soap (The Icarus Base by Declaration Grooming) among the Elite soaps and in my top three....it might even be my top. That is how much I like it! This blade is definitely going strong and the fact that it can take on my beard is something along the lines of a miracle. I'll let it roll for a few more shaves and see how many I can get out of it. But I might be looking for a 100 pack of them soon. Three passes...no cleanup...DFS+! A couple glugs of aftershave with the same name as the soap and the angels are singing "Hallelujah!"

The Danger Zone:

Had the crawfish boil this weekend and it was just a small one. But the family that was gathered had a wonderful time! I'll post pics later when I can. I strained or pulled a back muscle basically in the same place I was having issues and I am not feeling my best. I took the day off of work yesterday because I had a hard time getting out of bed. But today is a "little" better, so off to work I go. I don't think I will do much sitting today and I am wishing I would have purchased that standing desk already. Oh well, such is life. I'll get better and all will be well.

Hope the Cadre has a wonderful Tuesday and that the world is right with you!

#TheShavingCadre #TSC #StirlingSoapCo #FinestBadgerShavingBrush #Declaration Grooming #IcarusBaseSoap #IcarusBase #ChatillonLux #VidePoche #MerkurProgress

Great shave Don! Looking forward to the Boil pics if you get the chance!

Hope today’s work load goes easy on you (though I know it probably won’t). Rest up when you can!

Doh! That blows Don, especially since you've been doing things to mitigate it. Stupid old mother nature and aging!

Back