The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL Tonsorial - V for Vetiver
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave - Ultimate Osage
The Ultimate Aftershave: Lisas's Natural Herbal Creations - Post Shave Elixir in White Mountain

1592307510350.png

I went for a rare shave in the evening yesterday. I was done with my workout, the wife was over at her mom's, and I had the house to myself. So a shave just felt right. Continuing with the Artisan and Hobbyist shave theme of the month I pulled out a soap that I haven't used before (sort of). I received a tub of CBL's V for Vetiver in a trade with Kyle. I am definitely aware of how Chris @CBLindsay @CBLSoap.com makes a great shave soap, as well as most of us here. Lathered it up with one of my favorite brushes made by one of TSC's hobbyists Eric @Smattayu. This soap is super creamy and I love the consistency of the lather. I wish the scent was a tad stronger...but soap scents never last anyway...so what does it matter. Just such a superb lather!

A quick note on the blade...I have been using the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades off and on for a while now. Over the last month...this is the only blade I used. I am begining to think this just might be THE blade. I mean...it only took me almost six years of wet shaving to figure that out. So the question is...will I stick only with this blade...or will my goldfish like attention span get the better of me...SQUIRREL!!!

Back to the shave...since I was thicker than usual in the vibrissae department...I opted for a four pass shave last night. I mowed those bad boys down. When it was all over...I reached for a glug or two (or maybe three) of Ultimate Osage...a concoction by the great apothecary and TSC Hobbyist... @uacowboy. It's really good stuff...puts hair on your chest...and back...and...well we won't say where else.

I finished the shave off with not a splash but with the Post Shave Elixir made by @LNHC , this stuff is really good. A couple of squirts in your hand and the face feels smooth and moisturized. I was mostly BBS and this morning I am still feeling smooth!

The Danger Zone

Back actually into work this morning. My days this week are Tuesday and Thursday. Not sure what the schedule looks like next week yet...but I expect us likely to be back in the office full time sometime in the beginning of July. I can't believe I am going to say this...but I think I am looking for a little routine. I mean...I hate driving the 45 minutes to work. And I hate driving the hour back home from work. I am not all the keen on my supervisor. And I know work is going to do all kinds of crazy crap when we get back. But at this point...I think getting out and having a routine might actually be good.

I was scheduled to get a haircut...but I had to reschedule it for Friday. I thought I scheduled it for Wednesday, but I actually scheduled it for today when I am working. Oh well, a couple days more won't hurt I guess.

It's an important day for the wife. She has an interview for a General Council position of a large agency in our state. This would be a move that would push her along in here career. Plus the pay raise would be nice right about now! :) Either way...not sure how the pregnancy thing is going to work out. I know employers can't use that as a reason to not hire her...but we all know how that really goes. She will be one of the most qualified that this agency will interview for this position...if not THE most qualified. Anyway...if you all have some prayers to give, positive thoughts, extra karma, good vibes...I think you get the picture...we would really appreciate it if you can send them our way right now!

I hope the Cadre has an extra great day today!

The more you know -
Definition of vibrissa

1a: any of the stiff hairs that are located on the face and especially about the snout of many mammals and typically serve as tactile organs also : a similar stiff tactile hair growing elsewhere on some mammals (as in a small tuft at the wrist)
b: any of the coarse hairs growing within the nostrils of humans that serve to impede the inhalation of particulate matter

Come on new job. Don needs a sugar mama!

Congrats to your wife!! Hope the interview goes well!!

Great shave!!
The more you know -
Definition of vibrissa

1a: any of the stiff hairs that are located on the face and especially about the snout of many mammals and typically serve as tactile organs also : a similar stiff tactile hair growing elsewhere on some mammals (as in a small tuft at the wrist)
b: any of the coarse hairs growing within the nostrils of humans that serve to impede the inhalation of particulate matter

Come on new job. Don needs a sugar mama!
Good read Don! Hope the wife scores the new job.
Best wishes on landing the job she deserves (y)
BTW, I’m in the process of applying to a grad school with the oddest mascot name ever. “The Don”
Thanks Guys! All the positive vibes are welcome!

Good update Don. We hope you get your haircut too! Hard to imagine what Don would look like with a fro... :ROFLMAO:

I know employers can't use that as a reason to not hire her...but we all know how that really goes.
Yea we do...my wife had to deal with a situation dealing with that after our second, except she had already been in the job. They just “reshuffled” during her maternity and “found out” her position was no longer needed. Good times.

Back