The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Well...I decided to take the bike into the shop today. It turned out to be a little more than I originally anticipated but it's all good. Upgraded the tires and got a better seat. Worked out a deal with the guy working on it that if a part that was on the bike was going to better than he was replacing it with, he would see what he could do to clean and salvage it. Anyway...I was anticipating this to take a couple of weeks. I received a call from the shop a little bit ago and was told the bike was ready! What?! All this done in a day? Now that is what i call service. Here is the before and after pic...

Before

After

The bike guy said that the bike wasn't in the worst condition he has seen...but it was the dirtiest. He said it took him two bottles of degreaser to get it clean. Took it for a quick spin...it might actually ride better than when it was new.

Dang, you had put that thing through it’s paces for sure! Congrats on the resto, now to put it to use!

Dang, you had put that thing through it’s paces for sure! Congrats on the resto, now to put it to use!

Yup...plan on taking her out for a good ride tomorrow! I ain't going to lie...I used the crap out of that bike. But two years ago, my home went through a flood and the bike was part of the casualties. It had not been used since and most of that grime and mud was because of that.

Thanks Guys! I would love to take credit for the work...but all I did was pay a guy! I think now that it has been overhauled I can keep it in tip top fashion until I want that new bike!

My wife has been wanting to get into bike riding. I am going to have to not mention all this to her otherwise she will be adamant that I start.

My wife has been wanting to get into bike riding. I am going to have to not mention all this to her otherwise she will be adamant that I start.
It's worth start just so you can use that cool ride tracking software that Craig does.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Ladas (New Blade)
Soap/cream: Ariana & Evans - St. Barts
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavmac Two Band Silver Tip Badger
Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Water Witch Hazel
After the Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - St. Barts

Received this in the mail yesterday and I knew what I was going to shave with this morning. I will reserve judgment and review of these products until I have a little more time and have a couple more shaves under my belt with this. As soon as Josh started up with his reviews on A&E soaps I knew I was going to get some. I have been eyeing St. Barts as soon as I started looking. The only problem was that the A&E website has been out of stock. Luckily, WCS had some and I snatched it up. Anyway...I absolutely love this scent. This smells like a vacation in a bottle/tub! It's just amazing. I'll get more into that later. The shave went well until I decided to rush it toward the end and I think I roughed up bits of my skin. Nothing a little Thayers and Aftershave can't handle. I got up late this morning so I have to rush. Anyway...hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Agree, nice pic. The whole island, vacation type scents make me shy away as I'm anti coconut and sunscreen scents, but glad it really hit home for you.

Great stuff Don! I haven't looked too much into St. Barts, but now you've got me interested!

Agree, nice pic. The whole island, vacation type scents make me shy away as I'm anti coconut and sunscreen scents, but glad it really hit home for you.
If that scent profile is not in your wheel house then I completely understand...but I do not detect any suntan lotion type scent in this...I'll explain below.

Great pic and shave. The scent sounds like a winner to me.

Thanks!

Glad the shave went well and expectations have been met thus far!

Happy you read this!

Great stuff Don! I haven't looked too much into St. Barts, but now you've got me interested!

I am actually surprised! With as many A&E soaps that you have and reviewed I would have thought this was one one of them.

Yeah, that's a great pic and sounds like the soap/AS was a winner

I believe it is!

Beautiful pic and love how shiny that table is.

I was just playing around with some light and shadows and I said, "Wow...look at that!" Thanks!

Back