The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Mike Meyers' So I Married an Ax Murderer has a scene or two with his character:s younger brother. The father says the boy's head is so large it has its own weather patterns!
"It's like Sputnik!"

"He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow!"

"Well it's a well-known fact, sonny-jim, that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows. (So who's in this Pentavirate?) The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds...and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up! Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken!"

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Zorrik Super Stainless (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Vide Poche
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Superior 70 and Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche

Pretty much the same shave as yesterday! Actually the exact shave as yesterday. Except that it's today...so I guess it can't be the exact same shave!

The Danger Zone!!!

So like I said. It appears that everything is good with the tiny sea monkey. So, Richelle is consider high risk because of her age. She is only 38, but they still consider it high risk for some reason...even though more and more women are having children in their 50s: Why more women are having babies at 50 and beyond

At any rate...because she is so-called "high risk," insurance pays for a lot more. some of these things are different types of genetic testing. Yup...we are doing it...we want no surprises. But what is interesting about all this is that one of these tests will be conducted on her next visit in about four weeks. The NIPT (noninvasive prenatal test) which screens for chromosomal conditions like Trisomy 21 and other conditions, but also reveals the sex of the baby. So in about four to six week from now...we should now what we are having! This is super crazy!

It's hump day Cadre and I hope you are crushing your week!

When you are sitting and the keyboard shelf is lowered, is it comfortable? I may get one myself at some point.
It does take a little adjusting...but it's definitely not uncomfortable. For the price on this one...it's hard to beat. If I could change anything about it...I would make the keyboard tray longer. The way it sits right now...there is only room for the keyboard and nothing else. Plus there are sides on the keyboard tray that actually kind of limit you.

Most others have a keyboard tray that extends the length of the desk. I do kind of wish that the desk itself was a bit longer also...just so I could more crap on it. But desks with those features doubled the price and more sometimes. I figure I will get used to this one and if down the road I want a bigger one I will try to sell this one and get another.

It does take a little adjusting...but it's definitely not uncomfortable. For the price on this one...it's hard to beat. If I could change anything about it...I would make the keyboard tray longer. The way it sits right now...there is only room for the keyboard and nothing else. Plus there are sides on the keyboard tray that actually kind of limit you.

Most others have a keyboard tray that extends the length of the desk. I do kind of wish that the desk itself was a bit longer also...just so I could more crap on it. But desks with those features doubled the price and more sometimes. I figure I will get used to this one and if down the road I want a bigger one I will try to sell this one and get another.
Don’t let the desk get the better of ya. There’s one time tested way of making more space on any desk...
91711203-C431-4236-BD15-422C6E84585B.gif

"It's like Sputnik!"

"He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow!"

"Well it's a well-known fact, sonny-jim, that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows. (So who's in this Pentavirate?) The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds...and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up! Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken!"
Awesome! Reading this made me snort in amusement!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Zorrik Super Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Grassroots Lavender
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Superior 70 and Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Lavender Pour Homme

I love the scent of this Grassroots Lavender! It's just right. It's a little herbaceous and a whole lot bright on account of the citrus and geranium! Plus...I just love the way this soap (Premium version with hemp oil) really feels on my face! I poured some Lavender Pour Homme on my face and I smell divine. I'll get some more on me before I head off to work. As I walk through the door of my office building...I expect that those present will line up on both sides of me and bust out in the Hallelujah Chorus!

The Danger Zone!!!

We made it! We survived another week of the zombie apocalypse! So Netflix has been doing a feature on their app that shows you the top trending movies in the US. I find it mildly humorous that something like the number three trending movie is "Outbreak." I am telling you...I have said it all along. If we can find that monkey (not @The Monkey ) in that little girl's back yard and then synthesize anti-bodies from the monkey's blood...We will cure this stupid virus that everyone is freaking out about! No actual monkeys were harmed in the typing of this post.

On a related note...seriously? Toilet paper? My wife is a little concerned that we don't have enough (we don't actually...it was on the grocery list to buy this week). I don't quite understand the hoarding of toilet...but I guess I need to start embracing the fear mongering and the frenzy that society is going to break down from lack of TP for my bunghole. So my search today is for a pack or two of toilet paper. I know...good luck...right? I'm not worried and I'm not going to spend anymore time than I have to. If I find some...great. If I don't...I have some old t-shirts that I have been meaning to throw away. The wife wasn't pleased when I told her that. Speaking of the wife...she legitimately wants me to make a homemade bidet:

1584099516874.png

Yes...you too can make your own homemade bidet for the low cost of about $20...two sawbucks if you will! But seriously...I might do it because it looks like it could be a lot of fun. You are sitting on the pot making all kinds of gross noises. The wife comes in to do...well whatever it is that women want to do when you are dropping the Browns off to the Super Bowl...and she is going about her womanly activities....and then....BAM!!!! You spray her with the homemade bidet! Take that you evil temptress. How dare you disturb my private time with football analogies!

Yesterday on the way to work, I didn't really want to listen to a podcast as is my normal routine. So I decided on this album called Pickin' on Modest Mouse. It's an album of Modest Mouse covers done by a group called Iron Horse in Blue Grass style. Anyway...I was listening to the song "Trailer Trash" and quickly got in a really good mood. Listened to the song on repeat all the way to work. So, if you are wondering why this is a big deal...if you have ever listened to "Trailer Trash" then you know that this is kind of a depressing song. But somehow that banjo and mandolin and that fiddle with the GEE-TAR, and the bass really but a smile on my face.

Okay...so enough about me...so...how are you doing?

It's Friday gents, germs, and @Cvargo !!! I hope this Friday brings joy to your face. Go out and feel good about yourself. Accomplish something...big or small! I think the world will be a better place for it!

Back