The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Admiral
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Superior 70 and Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillon Lux - Admiral

Received a soap and aftershave in the mail I picked up on the BST for a very good price from @gobucks5485. Admiral - a collaboration between Declaration Grooming and Chatillon Lux, is supposed to have the scent notes of: Lemongrass, verbena, bergamot, aquatic notes, sage, black currant bud, riverboat smoke, tonka bean, musk. If you ask me...while it is a surprisingly deep scent...I can almost sum it up into two notes. A little fruity (and almost berry like) and somewhat smokey. When shaving with the soap, the aquatic elements and the smoke really come out to a point that is really all I smell. It's an interesting scent for sure. The aftershave is more in line with the maker's scent notes...but I would say that the scents are predominately aquatic, fruity, and smokey. It's a good smell...and my wife even approves. Of course she's preggers, so that could change today. The shave was excellent and the Icarus base for DG is one of my favorites. Three Passes and I rocking close to a BBS. Don't worry...I plan on applying more aftershave before I leave for work...you know...for the people in the elevator.

The Danger Zone!!!

It seems like I have no concept of time lately...but I am relatively certain that today is Thursday. I hope that the Cadre has a great one!

With my weird rotating schedule (or is it my age?!), I sometimes forget what day it is, other than I am off today and work again tomorrow for three days!
Just wait until you retire. It gets worse, much worse.

Don't worry...I plan on applying more aftershave before I leave for work...you know...for the people in the elevator.
LOL so you are so "That Guy".

I have not spent enough time here lately. First, let me congratulate you and your wife on the soon-to-be baby. Secondly, I see from your avatar that you are basking in the Natty--great team. National Championships are really great fun--I experienced five of them ( in a different sport) when I was in college. It took me an extra quarter to graduate and of course I got student's season tix for the season which took place after I graduated. Tickets were .25 for students (not 25 dollars, 25 cents). In any case, I really enjoyed watching LSU romp.

Back