The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I need to be better about my late night eating habits too...at some point...:cautious:
It's tough I know...but eating late at night directly impacts the quality of your sleep. As well as so many other adverse things. I used to actually get up at 2 AM everyday feeling ravenous and feeling like I needed to eat. Sometimes I got up and the next morning couldn't even remember it. My friends and family wanted me to go to the doc and see if this was an actual medical condition. I didn't go...but it turns out there are a few conditions that are related to late night eating and sleep eating. It's weird.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black) (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - CBL Tonsorial - Balsamic Oud (10th Shave)
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - American Blend

Back to pretty much the same shave as...well...Monday. Some really nice post shave results too. When I finish with my shave...I squeeze all the leftover lather from my brush and apply it to my face for a few moments. Just trying to take in all the scent and skin food products that the soap might have. Of course, I likely wouldn't do this if I was shaving with Arko (although, I am a huge fan of Arko). Anyway, today I left the lather sit on the face considerably longer. The result is a really smooth and supple face.

Three passes and I am feeling good. I applied the requisite dousing of the 55 gallon drum of Fine American Blend. It might have been easier if I would have just jumped in a tub of it! Yup...Everyone at work will appreciate me!

The Danger Zone!!!

Tuesday and Thursdays at the gym I have been doing a Spin Class for my cardio workouts. I get bored easily and have to change things up from time to time. Much like my shaving. Yesterday I decided to do a HIIT class. Yeah, I didn't realize how out of shape I was. Man did that girl who was running it...kick...my...ass! It's all good though...I feel pretty good this morning. And other than a little stiffness and swelling in the knee...I am not really sore or anything.

It' Hump Day! And The Cadre is abuzz with thoughts of positivity! Ready to take on any challenge the work environment brings us. Well, that is until after lunch and we have no energy and we just want to take a nap! 🤪 Have a great one cadre!

Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black) (2nd Shave)
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger

Back to pretty much the same shave as...well...Monday. Some really nice post shave results too. When I finish with my shave...I squeeze all the leftover lather from my brush and apply it to my face for a few moments. Just trying to take in all the scent and skin food products that the soap might have. Of course, I likely wouldn't do this if I was shaving with Arko (although, I am a huge fan of Arko). Anyway, today I left the lather sit on the face considerably longer. The result is a really smooth and supple face.

Three passes and I am feeling good. I applied the requisite dousing of the 55 gallon drum of Fine American Blend. It might have been easier if I would have just jumped in a tub of it! Yup...Everyone at work will appreciate me!

The Danger Zone!!!

Tuesday and Thursdays at the gym I have been doing a Spin Class for my cardio workouts. I get bored easily and have to change things up from time to time. Much like my shaving. Yesterday I decided to do a HIIT class. Yeah, I didn't realize how out of shape I was. Man did that girl who was running it...kick...my...ass! It's all good though...I feel pretty good this morning. And other than a little stiffness and swelling in the knee...I am not really sore or anything.

It' Hump Day! And The Cadre is abuzz with thoughts of positivity! Ready to take on any challenge the work environment brings us. Well, that is until after lunch and we have no energy and we just want to take a nap! 🤪 Have a great one cadre!

Ever tried Battle ropes? Those are surprisingly intense! i used to own a couple different lengths but then they got infested with spiders during a move and my wife threw them out. lol Kinda tempting to get another set actually.

Ever tried Battle ropes? Those are surprisingly intense! i used to own a couple different lengths but then they got infested with spiders during a move and my wife threw them out. lol Kinda tempting to get another set actually.

If I continue to take the class I will likely end up using them. I have played around with them before...just nothing serious. But Yeah...they are definitely a workout unto themselves.

But I have to ask...how do battle ropes get infested with spiders?! And you need to keep that to your self...if my wife ever reads this...there will be absolutely now way I will ever be able to get a set!

If I continue to take the class I will likely end up using them. I have played around with them before...just nothing serious. But Yeah...they are definitely a workout unto themselves.

But I have to ask...how do battle ropes get infested with spiders?! And you need to keep that to your self...if my wife ever reads this...there will be absolutely now way I will ever be able to get a set!
i kept them packed into a duffle bag for storage. durring a move the bag was left in a garage for a week or two as we packed then unpacked. that is when the bag and ropes got infested. prior to that i had them out a few times a week and the bag lived in a closet in the house so no spiders till then.

i kept them packed into a duffle bag for storage. durring a move the bag was left in a garage for a week or two as we packed then unpacked. that is when the bag and ropes got infested. prior to that i had them out a few times a week and the bag lived in a closet in the house so no spiders till then.
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

Don says:
Tuesday and Thursdays at the gym I have been doing a Spin Class for my cardio workouts. I get bored easily and have to change things up from time to time. Much like my shaving. Yesterday I decided to do a HIIT class.

Don means:
I’ve been checking out the chicks at the gym

It' Hump Day! And The Cadre is abuzz with thoughts of positivity! Ready to take on any challenge the work environment brings us.

giphy.gif

Nice post! I have been curious about a Stirling brush. I was eyeing another synthetic, but I have heard really good things about their badger brushes. I have also been curious about Fine products. I have heard really good things about their soaps, especially their american blend.

Don says:

Don means:
My wife always says, "You have eyes in your head don't you?"

Yeah...most days I feel like that.

I'm with him ^^^
Peanut Gallery 🤪

Nice post! I have been curious about a Stirling brush. I was eyeing another synthetic, but I have heard really good things about their badger brushes. I have also been curious about Fine products. I have heard really good things about their soaps, especially their american blend.
So I have both a Stirling Synthetic and a Stirling Badger. That Badger is probably one of the best values on a shaving brush out there. I have had badger brushes that were more expensive and that were not nearly as good as the Stirling Badger Brush! It also performs much bigger than what a 24 mm would seem. I love the Fine aftershaves. I love the scents and it agrees with my skin. That being said...other than the scent...you are not getting anything special. The aftershave is literally just water, alcohol, and fragrance oils.

My wife always says, "You have eyes in your head don't you?"

Yeah...most days I feel like that.

Peanut Gallery 🤪

So I have both a Stirling Synthetic and a Stirling Badger. That Badger is probably one of the best values on a shaving brush out there. I have had badger brushes that were more expensive and that were not nearly as good as the Stirling Badger Brush! It also performs much bigger than what a 24 mm would seem. I love the Fine aftershaves. I love the scents and it agrees with my skin. That being said...other than the scent...you are not getting anything special. The aftershave is literally just water, alcohol, and fragrance oils.

Thank you for all of that detailed info!

Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black) (3rd Shave)
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu )

1580385679243.png

Again, pretty much the same shave for me. I changed out the brush again to the TSC Anniversary brush...but other than that...same soap, same razor, same blade, and same after shave. I really do think that the CBL Soap gets better with each use. I know it's probably that I am dialing it in as we say. But man does this stuff just lather in a super creamy way and really feels good on the skin! Three passes and I am smoother than...well...I am not sure what I smoother than. I will let you all fill in the blank!

The shave itself was really enjoyable....except that I caught my lower lip. A little blood...but nothing that I can't handle. I only mention this because this is the first time I have cut my lip shaving. I have cut my ear, the tip of my nose, my nostril, even my collar bone area, but the lip...that's a first.

I didn't get any compliments from people yesterday about how good I smell. So I guess that means I didn't use enough aftershave. Looks like I will be going for five or six glugs of aftershave instead of the standard three or four glugs!

The Danger Zone!!!

Okay...so Monday I did a a high intensity strength class at the gym. Tuesday a HIIT class. Yesterday another strength class. This morning my knee is swollen again. It doesn't hurt, but the knee is really stiff. Looks like today I will be walking for exercise as opposed to another class. That kind of sucks because I was getting into a grove. Looks like I will have to make sure that I am doing exercises that are less impact or have fewer squats and lunges. It's all good. I will do an easy walk today and tomorrow maybe a bike ride. Then rest over the weekend.

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful Thursday!

Back