The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Weck passaround

The Weck has gone out and should arrive to Kyle on Saturday. There are still 2 extra blades in the package if some one else want to jump in.
Hey, I'm running low on Weck blades, I'll jump in just to take the two blades. :)

Seriously folks, if you're going to use the guard, make sure the guard is facing you when shaving, which means that you need to reverse it when you shave the other side of your face. I just trimmed my hair with my Weck yesterday and have an additional bald spot halfway down my sideburn.

Hey, I'm running low on Weck blades, I'll jump in just to take the two blades. :)
Les if you are "blade poor" just shout out and I'll send you few.

Seriously folks, if you're going to use the guard, make sure the guard is facing you when shaving, which means that you need to reverse it when you shave the other side of your face.
Yes, make sure the guard is on the side away from the face.
I just trimmed my hair with my Weck yesterday and have an additional bald spot halfway down my sideburn.
Rocking a new stye!

Guard looks good but just gets on the way; aka be a man and just put the guard aside! You don’t need it!

Guard looks good but just gets on the way; aka be a man and just put the guard aside! You don’t need it!
giphy.gif

I will use the guard on the first shave(well i will try to, if it annoys me to much its coming off) but after that it will all be sans guard. I'm mostly just curious how it works with the guard on it honestly.

I will use the guard on the first shave(well i will try to, if it annoys me to much its coming off) but after that it will all be sans guard. I'm mostly just curious how it works with the guard on it honestly.
I like the guard and it works well. The only issue is flipping it gets old. I have 2 Wecks with 2 guards and have set them up so I just grab the one I need.

It works great with it.

@uacowboy, don't listen to all that jive from The Monkey. I been using a Weck since my college days and never had a problem with it (except last week with my new bald spot halfway down my sideburn). Of course after getting a small nick in college, folks started calling me "Smiley".
;)

Weck Sextoblade
Persona hair shaper blade(1)
Ever Ready w/ two band badger
CBL Ghost Lime
Thayers Coconut Water
Stirling Lime AS

Fist use of the Weck from the pass around by John @The Monkey and it's a pretty nice shaver. Used it will the guard on today and it was actually much less annoying than I expected. It did however trick me into getting a little more lax than I should have been with skin stretching so I ended up loosing some fluid on my upper lip on pass 2. Overall I am almost fully BBS this morning, just a couple spots I missed that are just shy of the mark. I'm excited to try this tomorrow sans guard and see how that goes. So far I'm thinking this is going on my list of things to keep an eye out for.

View attachment 4506

Also there is a video of this shave that will be up later today but it's got no talking so I will be putting some music in it. Had to be quiet and not wake those who didn't have to get up at 4am.

Back