The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ultimate Minimalist Competition

Does the blade sort of stabilize and feel more or less the same at some point?
Yep, pretty much this exactly. Which is my point every time I talk about longevity challenges. A blade is really only going to get so dull. You’ll wear the fine edge off, but it still cuts fine, just maybe not quite as smoothly.
Do you not experience the blade as rough?
I don’t describe it as rough. It’s more draggy, but never tuggy. It’s less close of a shave than with a fresh blade, but not by much.

I was wondering what happens for you after you've been using a blade so long? For us normies who use a blade for a week or two before it starts feeling rough, it's hard to imagine how much worse the blade gets over that much time. Does the blade sort of stabilize and feel more or less the same at some point? Do you not experience the blade as rough?

Not being cynical here, just genuinely curious, as I just can't go that long on a blade before it's just unpleasant, though I've tried a couple of times.
I can't possibly imagine throwing a blade out after only a week or two. I just tossed out a blade that had nearly 8 months on it. I haven't been able to go to KJ lengths....but then he's the best of the best.

I can't possibly imagine throwing a blade out after only a week or two. I just tossed out a blade that had nearly 8 months on it. I haven't been able to go to KJ lengths....but then he's the best of the best.
Well… when you have vellus whiskers what do you expect there Peachy🤪

Back