The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

It is a watch known as a “lefty” actually meant to be worn on the right wrist
Actually the salesman said it was a design thing since the watch is so big the crown doesn’t dig into your hand when you flex your wrist.

So here’s my most recent realization. B Dave talked about the cost of maintenance of high-end watches on the Zoom call. Then I watched a video of a guy that ran a service center talking about the price tiers of services. So I have this Tissot chronograph that hasn’t had the chronograph working since the last time I used it and now it runs and then stops running. I look up sending it in for repair and it will cost at least 2/3 the cost of a new one. I know the watch is nowhere close to expensive in terms of watches, but it costs enough it sucks it’s basically disposable.

So here’s my most recent realization. B Dave talked about the cost of maintenance of high-end watches on the Zoom call. Then I watched a video of a guy that ran a service center talking about the price tiers of services. So I have this Tissot chronograph that hasn’t had the chronograph working since the last time I used it and now it runs and then stops running. I look up sending it in for repair and it will cost at least 2/3 the cost of a new one. I know the watch is nowhere close to expensive in terms of watches, but it costs enough it sucks it’s basically disposable.
There is the cunundrum, Worth to you vs worth vs maintenance.

Last edited:
Sometimes if you go to a local mom n pop watch repair or well rated local shop, they might be able to help better. I had an issue with my Stuhrling a few years ago, granted it was an automatic, took it in to a local one man repair shop and within 10 minutes I was on my way again, watch fixed, no charge. It ended up being an over-wound spring.

Back