The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Nice! Great orange accent on the bevel! You got quite the collection sir!
Thank you. I'm endlessly fascinated by mechanical clocks; watches, desk and wall clocks. It delights me to know end to have a spring on my wrist that unwinds in such a fashion so as to keep accurate time to within a couple of seconds a week. I love that the chimes that told my dad time in his office, now tell me the time in mine, even if they interrupt what I'm doing every damned 15 mins. lol.

I didn't wear a watch for years, but got sick of looking at my phone all the time. Now that I have this I can't live without it. Just be able to check the weather before I run out of the house alone is worth it living here. (We haven't started a Show us your winter jacket thread yet have we?) nIght not be as cool as the douchey guys, but I like it.

IMG_7856.jpeg

I have to be careful with the backs of watches. It the back plate is an alloy containing Nickle my wrist will break out is a rash that is extremely uncomfortable.
I've got that with my wedding ring! I read that painting it with clear nail polish will act as a buffer. Seems to have worked fior the ring at least.

I've got that with my wedding ring! I read that painting it with clear nail polish will act as a buffer. Seems to have worked fior the ring at least.
Yeah I had the ring issue too. It nail polish worked great for that. Just never found a watch I liked enough for that upkeep

b89f54caa0f786f48a1fa9e52d95433a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back